cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is Jabber for iPhone possible on multiple devices ?

Kent Drugge
Level 1
Level 1

Jabber 12.0.1 - I haven't tried this yet. I have a few users iPhones and wondered if they could use a common jabber account. Will a jabber account work for multiple iPhones at the same time or androids for that matter ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that would not be supported 1 TAB/TCT/BOT/CSF devices means call control for 1 of those devices at any given time. You would need to either get everyone their own account and use a shared line, or individual lines and use a line group.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that would not be supported 1 TAB/TCT/BOT/CSF devices means call control for 1 of those devices at any given time. You would need to either get everyone their own account and use a shared line, or individual lines and use a line group.

HTH

java

Hi there
But I think between Desktop and Mobile devices this is possible

* Can I sign into Cisco Jabber on my desktop and mobile device at the same time?
* Can I be logged into the Cisco Jabber mobile and desktop client at the same time?
* Which versions of Cisco Jabber support multiple resource login?
* Can I be logged into Cisco Jabber on my desktop on my mobile phone simultaneously?

Solution:

* All Jabber clients now support Multiple Resource Login (MRL) so you can log in to several different clients at the same time.
* However, if AES encryption is enabled in the WebEx Messenger Service settings, then MRL will not work, and you would only be able to log in to a single client at a time.

https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/WBX63474

Hope this Helps
Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Yes, you can have any (or all) of those 4 options, and you can use them all the same time, but that's 4 devices, one of each kind you can have.

If you try to use two devices with a single device configured, afer you login, it will tell you that there is already other device registered to CUCM and if you want to remove registration from it, and use it in that "new" device, or not.

HTH

java

Hi, 

in my scenario have Citrix Cisco JVDI and i dont get this message. So in the end the user could be logged from pc and even from citrix. Is there any jabber config variable which will check if the user is logged or not?

Thank you for your reply.

Vit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: