cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber and Mobile Connect

ekhoo
Level 1
Level 1

Just setup Jabber (9.0.2) on iphone with Mobile Connect (CUCM 7.1.5). I run into incoming call issue where both Jabber & mobile phone would rings about the same time. I did some of research and Cisco doco below state Mobile Connect should automatically inactivated when Jabber is running and connected to the corporate network.

Anyone has this issue or could point me to the right direction?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPhone/9.0/JABI_BK_J29330BB_00_jabber-for-iphone-admin-guide_chapter_011.html#CJAB_TK_ADA0EB97_00

Add Mobile Connect and Mobile Identity

Mobile Connect, formerly known as Single Number Reach (SNR), allows the native mobile phone number to ring when someone calls the office number while Cisco Jabber is not available.

When Cisco Jabber is running and connected to the corporate network, and thus available to receive VoIP calls, Mobile Connect is automatically inactivated.

The user requires a Mobile Identity to transfer Cisco Jabber VoIP calls to the mobile voice network.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For this to work the user must not have a Remote Destination Profile. Instead, configure a Mobile Identity on the TCT device itself.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For this to work the user must not have a Remote Destination Profile. Instead, configure a Mobile Identity on the TCT device itself.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Great, thank you very much Jonathan.

can you help me with last one dubt, abount mobile device?

Under the Mobile Identity on the TCT device there are also the Remote Destination Profile, wich is the purpose of configure Remote destination profile under Jabber Mobile device?

Thank you very much, five stars for you.

Regards

Alessandro Bertacco

Remote Destinations will always ring, regardless of whether the TCT device is registered or not. A Mobile Identity will not ring when the TCT device is registered to CUCM. This is especially important as you don't want the cellular phone and the wifi phone app contending for the user to click answer on both on the same device. You may still want to use RDP if the user has a home office in addition to their smartphone.

Thank you, all clear now.

Best Regards

Alessandro Bertacco