Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber auto signout when PC lock

Hi Guys, ,

I am looking for some guidance to configure JAbber to signout when the user lock their PC. is there any way to do it?

my all idea to block incoming calls on Jabber softphone when the PC lock. i tried different methods unfortunatly nothing worked out out yet.is there any one who did anything like this before?

Regards,

4 Replies 4

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I don't think there is any parameter to sign-out from Jabber when PC is locked. But you can use "ForceLogoutTimerDesktop" timer which specifies the number of minutes of inactivity before the user is automatically signed out of Cisco Jabber desktop clients. The value for minutes is from 1 to 480.

<ForceLogoutTimerDesktop>15</ForceLogoutTimerDesktop>

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

You could likely create Windows scheduled tasks that triggers on events such as PC lock or unlock. What these tasks then do is up to your discretion. There is nothing native in Jabber to do what you ask for.

Response Signature

wonderfull, your thought is really superb Roger.. :) .

i tried that creating a task scheduler to kill the CiscoJabber.exe when PC lock and another task schedule to launch the Jabber when PC unlock. it is working as expected.

I tried with different arguiments (no arguiment, /t, /f), it looks like, the system like only force skill (/f).

i hopt i dont face any other issue such as file correption due to force kill.

Regards,

Glad it helped you and thank you for the kind words.

Response Signature