Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber client for windows CWMS meeting account

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

Is it possible to configure the Jabber client with an on premise CWMS server?

See below, I've tired to enter my details but it returns the error: "The WebEx site URL is not valid. Verify the URL and then try again."

Thanks

Matty

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your post lacks both the versions you are running and whether you are using on-premise IM&P servers or WebEx Messenger SaaS. I'm assuming on-premise in this answer.

Yes this is supported in the current 9.6 release. Here's the applicable configuration guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_6/JABW_BK_C94DCBD1_00_server-guide/JABW_BK_C94DCBD1_00_server-guide_chapter_01100.html#JABW_RF_C4BA041C_00

The client version is 9.6.1 we are using WebEx Connect for IM&P. Obviously the CWMS in on prem.

Matt

here is what we support with J4W 9.6 for on premise setup;

On-Premises Servers
Cisco Jabber supports the following on-premises servers:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 8.0(1) or later
Cisco Unified Presence version 8.0(3) or later
Cisco Unity Connection version 8.5 or later

Cisco WebEx Meetings Server version 1.1 or later

quite clearly cwms version 1.1 or later is supported

if you receive invalid URL error message; can you confirm while you try to log in to the same url from the browser does the log in go through appropiately ?

Also please make sure the uid and password that you are using to log in to the url are provisoned for this service.

Hi Amit,

Yes I can log with my meeting URL via the browser, it is the URL this is displayed in 'WebEx Site URL' in Webex Administration

My CWMS is Version:1.5.1.6.A

Thanks

Matt

does both the user url and the admin url resolve to the same IP?

I had the same issue, still not sure what the problem was as I made some changes on the DNS and installed the Reverse Proxy server and my Jabber 9.7.1 suddenly connected with my webex.

Best Regards