cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber crashes every day

apuseljic1
Level 1
Level 1

I have one user who always locks his PC after work. According to the user, the Jabber crashes every night around midnight.
Can someone help me what to look for in the PRT? Maybe there are keywords that are important? I do not have much to do with logs and I find it hard to evaluate them. I would be grateful for any help.

Jabber version 12.1.2.24692

Cheers

Anthony

5 Replies 5

I don't have pointers for what to look for in the PRT in this case, but it you are comfortable posting it we can take a look.

(And maybe this guy can exit Jabber before he goes home for the night? Just sayin'.....)

Maren

Hello Maren,

thanks for your help. The PRT is attached.

Yes I know, but sometimes you can not force users to do things :/, hope you know what I mean :)

Kind regards

Anthony

The file "jabber.log.2" contains the log file as the Jabber client crashes at just before 00:30. As far as I can tell, everything is perfectly normal right up to the crash at Line 25954 with timestamp 2019-01-16 00:29:03,216. And then the Jabber log just stops with no error or warning messages. This indicates to me that it may be a Windows problem. The next thing to do, then, would be to check the Windows Event Viewer at that timestamp to see if that gives you a clue.
There may be additional information in the microdump.dmp file, but I don't know how to read that.
Maren

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Are the results reproducible if other users do the same thing? Perhaps A/V scheduled scans or something that happen overnight are causing this?

What about if you give that one user a new computer that didn’t exhibit the same symptoms when someone else left Jabber running overnight? Does the issue somehow follow the user?

This isn’t a well-known issue so my suspicion is something environmental.

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

See if this helps. I had a user with similar issue in 12.X versions of Jabber

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/application-communications/117732-probsol-jabber-00.html#anc5

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***