Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for everyone: Need the ciscocm-free_im_v1.0.cop.sgn file

Hi Guys,

I am deploying jabber for everyone inhouse.

I have CUPS 8.6.4, cucm 8 and Microsoft AD all integrated.

I came accross this document on jabber for everyone which says I need to have the ciscocm-free_im_v1.0.cop.sgn file for the setup to work.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/jabber_for_everyone/CUP0_BK_JE526021_00_jabber-for-everyone-solution-overview_chapter_010.html#CUP0_TK_DA7840C0_00

Please let me know if anyone knows from where I can get this cop file. I have already tried the cco but no luck.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shdempse
Level 1
Level 1

The cop file is being tested. It will be available in approximately a week.

Regards

Shane

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

shdempse
Level 1
Level 1

The cop file is being tested. It will be available in approximately a week.

Regards

Shane

Any update? Also trying to get Jabber running in a lab environment so we can have some type of story to tell to our customers.

Without the COP file, how does this limit us? I thought Jabber for Everyone was ready to be deployed for customers? I guess I am wrong?

Cisco, please, what is the story here?

Hi all,

I'm waiting for an update me too!

Where is this COP File?

Regards

Diego

Shane,

Any update on the COP file?

I have installed jabber for windows and blackberry in lab environment and it seems to be working fine except for the video and contact photos. So what exactly this COP file does and do we really need this?

would someone please verify if the "ciscocm-free_im_v1.0.cop.sgn" has been posted to CCO?   I'd heard the release date is suppose to be June 5th for this file to be posted.   In checking CCO in the CUCM 's Utility folder, we do not see the file.   Any help would be appreciated...

Thankyou,

Lawrence

Lawrence,

I haven't got the exact dates yet but there is a buzz that its gona be on cco this week.

If you are trying to test jabber in the lab environment then you really do not need that COP file. you would need this file when you wana deploy for any customer, with that file installed there won't be any DLU consumption.

Let me know if you have any update about the file on cco.

I downloaded and I am attempting to install this file.  Everything seemed to be going OK until it got to "

(3449) Tue Jun 12 06:19:03 MDT 2012

Successful running of copstart for option /common/download//ciscocm.free_im_v1.0.cop.

Locale /common/download//ciscocm.free_im_v1.0.cop Successfully installed"

The installation status is now stuck at "running" .  It has been stuck here for 3 hours.  After the first hour it gave me a message that connection was lost and that I should check the CLI.

Without knowing what to look for in there, I did not see anything unusual.

I just logged back into the OS Administration / Software installation and got a message that something was allready running and it gave me the option to "take control" of the process, which I did, and now it is back to showing a status of "running" the Install log Window now has added "

(3449) Tue Jun 12 06:12:59 MDT 2012

Publisher: Starting installdb... /bin/su -l informix -s /bin/sh -c "source /usr/local/cm/db/dblenv.bash /usr/local/cm ; source /usr/local/cm/db/informix/local/ids.env ; nice /usr/local/cm/bin/installdb -x /usr/local/cm/db/xml/xml"

disablenotify  dsn[DSN=ccm_super]

disablenotify  rc[0]

xml DSN=ccm_super /usr/local/cm/db/xml/xml

installXml  rc[0]

enablenotify  dsn[DSN=ccm_super]

enablenotify  rc[0]

installdb Success[-x]

Successful final run of installdb

(3449) Tue Jun 12 06:12:59 MDT 2012
Publisher: Starting installdb... /bin/su -l informix -s /bin/sh -c "source /usr/local/cm/db/dblenv.bash /usr/local/cm ; source /usr/local/cm/db/informix/local/ids.env ; nice /usr/local/cm/bin/installdb -x /usr/local/cm/db/xml/xml"
disablenotify  dsn[DSN=ccm_super]
disablenotify  rc[0]
xml DSN=ccm_super /usr/local/cm/db/xml/xml
installXml  rc[0]
enablenotify  dsn[DSN=ccm_super]
enablenotify  rc[0]
installdb Success[-x]

Successful final run of installdb"

But it still seems stuck?

Anyone have any idea how I should move forward?

Thanks,

Brian

UPDATE:   I opened a TAC case and all logs indicated that the install was complete, but the engineer was unable to get it "unstuck".  We eventually rebooted the CUCM server and the cycle ended.

I could see nothing in the menus which would indicate it actually added any functionallity so I reverted to the dreaded "Read the Manual" approach!  I now realize that in order to get the "Jabber for Everyone" functionallity to work I will need to install a Presence server.  It looks like a basic version of Presence Server is free as part of the Jabber for Everyone, so I am working on getting that software ordered and installed.

Brian

Hello all.

Does anybody has a success to install "ciscocm-free_im_v1.0.cop.sgn" on CUCM and activate Jabber for Everyone feature?

BTW on CCO now available new file - ciscocm-free_im_v1.1.cop.sgn.

I updated my CUCM to 8.6.2 and my CUPS to 8.6.4 then installed the .COP file. Installation said it was succesful but I do not see anything under licensing on either the CUCM or the CUPS that mention Jabber for Everyone being installed...

Hi

When you enable CUP and CUPC from licensing capabilities - does it consume two DLUs? If not I guess it's working...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron, just did that and looks good!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: