Level 3
Level 3

All,

Has anyone ever seen a scenario like this before:

1. Cisco Jabber for Windows working all OK with Phone Services

2. Cisco Jabber for iPhone will not connect to Phone Services

3. Both clients connect from the same source network

4. Both using the same DNS servers

5. The iPhone client is erroring with DNS lookups on the CUCM TFTP... Also can't browse to it from Safari

6. But this works all OK from Windows on the same network... :/

Any ideas?

D

33 Replies 33

In my example it was down to bad DNS configuration.. Just a case of testing and reviewing the jabber.log which is never fun.. :/

where can we find this option.

m.zidjali
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

Any solution I have same issue

Hi , did someone resolved this?

We have some problems , it works wel with iphone 6 and phone services  not work very well with recente iphones.

Regards

edselm001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Had the same problem for "ROGERS" LTE network in MRA.  It works on any WIFI anywhere.

I opened a TAC case and the logs indicate the following bug CSCvc85214.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvc85214/?rfs=iqvred

As of today, Rogers LTE is assigning ipv4 to the jabber for iphone, so maybe the network resolved it, or Jabber iphone version 12.1.2.270036 was updated.

Regards,

EDIT:  No MRA is in play, either VPN access or On Net.

We are experiencing a similar issue.  User upgraded to iphone X and phone services stopped working.  Worked previously on earlier version of iphone and still works for other users (non iphone X).  We have a case open with TAC but have not made alot of progress.  Is there any updates that need to be applied to CUCM for iphone X to establish phone services?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi team,

We are facing the same issue for iPhone only we opened case with cisco and noting could find.After that ticket was closed.Android users never faced this issue.Also there was ghost call issue(Delay when receive call in jabber iphone) for iPhone users .you know how this issue is resolved ?It was IOS issue.IOS update fixed the issue.

So here also the case is similar ? Also most of the time  issue is for phone services only.Rarely it is happening for IMP Portion.Anyone please share is there any permanent fix for this ?

I am attaching the screen shot as well

I believe your screen shots show a different error:

"Wrong credentials." 

The known issue with the phone services should show "unable to connect to server".

I recommend you enter the credentials again, manually.

Thank you for your replay

every time we need ti update credentilals manually?some times, even if we update credentilals manually, it doesnt work.then we need reset the jabber. Why this issue is only for iphone ? Any solution for this

Thanks

we are also having this problem with phone services only on iphone. android seems to work fine. all other jabber services are working perfectly. ios 12.1.2

1D90D7B3-5E08-41A0-B3AA-0BCD7B810248.jpeg

this problem for us is only via 4g through our expressway. plus it only started happening since we changed the hostnames on all our call managers to fully qualified hostnames. we did this due to certificate mismatch errors. we havent as yet restarted our expressway boxes which i suspect may need restarting since the cucm hostname change. any advise? 

I have exactly same issue where jabber showing server are unreachable.

What version of iOS (iPhone) and what is the error on the iPhone?

Android 9  on my phone but there are many other users who have different phone and versions are getting same error.

1. Check your Expressways configuration and logs.  What are the errors on those logs?

2. Are you able to connect other devices through MRA?  For example; Jabber on Windows/MAC or MRA capable IP Phones? 

3. Is this a new configuration or was it working before and broke recently? 

check internal SRV records for:

_cuplogin._tcp.syxcorp.net 

_cisco-uds._tcp.syxcorp.net

There is no expressway involved, the iPhone connects directly to the network via wifi or via vpn when off net.

Thanks,

Joe