Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Mobile rings delayed or doesn´t stop ringing

Frank Janka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I got a customer with Jabber Mobile. There is the behavior that when you ge a call on your desk phone the Jabber Mobile rings paralell to the phone but when I pick up at the desk phone, the Jabber Mobile App doesn´t stop ringing...

Also there is the effekt that after a time, for example 5 min, the Jabber Mobile App gets a phantom Call from the original call on the desk phone.

What can this be?

CUCM 10.5

Jabber 12.x

18 Replies 18

Hi Frank,

Did you manage to solve this issue?

i got same issue with "panthom call",

Regards,

Ovindo

I also had this issue many years ago when I used / managed jabber. I believe the issue is with the sip messages. Will need logs and tac support. When a call comes in, cucm will ring the users endpoints with that same extension number. So a SIP message will go to the jabber mobile client. If they answer on the desk phone, something needs to tell jabber mobile to stop ringing. Either the message is lost or is not sent to the mobile client it seems. Logs and captures needed.

rmfalconer
Level 1
Level 1

I'm seeing the same behavior. Did you start noticing this after upgrading any component? IOS or Jabber? We are on CUCM 11.5, Jabber 12.1 and IOS 12.0.1. (We also see it happen on a beta version of Jabber, 12.5)

It hasn't always been like this. It started happening fairly recently.

I have a TAC case open, this should be a issue with new IOS released and will be fixed in IOS 12.1

I can confirm that the issue is fixed in version 12.1.  I installed public beta 5 for 12.1 and the problem went away.

Don't know about android as I don't have any way to test.

Hi,

We are still experiencing the same behavior on IOS 12.1 with Jabber 12.1.2.

Was there any published Bug related to this?

Anyone else is still having this issue on the latest versions of IOS and jabber?

Thanks for sharing!!

Cheers

this was a known issue with ios12 and fix was supposed to be in ios12.1, TAC did not give me a published bug ID for it though.

Bowen Qin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, This is due to IOS12, It will be fixed in IOS 12.1

Just got answer from TAC.

Thank you that is good to hear.

But what about Android phones? There is the same behaviour.

I have the same problem too. IOS phones has delays and waiting for the new IOS version to be released (did not try the Beta to check if it works ok).
I am using: CUCM11.5, Jabber 12.1
Moreover, I have the same problem with the Android phones too! Can somebody help? Any suggestions?

was there a bug ID opened to track this?

Hi,

I did not come across a bug ID regarding this issue.

Moreover, I want to say that although in the title of this it states "...or doesn't stop ringing" I never came across the "...doesn't stop ringing"

My problem is with:

1. Sometimes I have delayed rings (usually after 5-10 minutes)

2. Sometimes the mobile phone doesn't ring at all.

I tested it with both Sony and  Samsung Android phones.

Thanks

I have a client describing the same issue with MRA phones in general, whether Jabber on mobile phones or physical phones registering through MRA. After the call is answered on a regular phone, the original calls rings again 5 minutes later on an MRA device. 

There is a single Expressway edge with two clusters behind it. Not sure if that setup could be part of the problem.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: