cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Usage Reports

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

I was wondering if there is a way to show Jabber usage reports.  We were wondering if there was a way to see how many people are logging in and using the application on a regular basis, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Alex LP

13 Replies 13

Geordie Guy
Level 1
Level 1

The system dashboard under Diagnostics in CUPS shows the "Logged-in XMPP users" as the amount of users logged in at the moment.  In terms of historical reports I'm not sure if there's a way of seeing peaks and troughs.  Between that and the compliance DB we get a fairly good idea of how well it's being used.

Hi everyone,

We have Cisco CUCM and IM&P 10.5; and I’m looking for your kind advice if there is a tool or way to have a statistics usage report for Cisco Jabber with below fields:-

Number of Calls, Call Duration, Source and Destination numbers, and QoS

I tried both Prime assurance and Presence-reports, but unfruitful. Even Solarwinds too.

Many thanks in advance.

No, there's no way to get an overview of ALL Jabber users, best you can do is use CAR and then search for the users who have a Jabber device to get their individual data.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

If there is data in your CAR database you can query it from CLI with run sql command:

run sql car SELECT callingpartynumber, finalcalledpartynumber, user_id, origdevicename, duration, origjitter, origlatency, orignumberpacketssent FROM car:tbl_billing_data WHERE origdevicename LIKE 'BOT%'

This for example gives you all records for devicenames that begins with BOT 

Use with caution.

Many thanks Rok,

Is there any reference for learning more on the SQL statements for Jabber, please.

many thanks again.

There is no such thing as SQL for Jabber. It is just database you query.

I am sure you can find a lot of documentation and examples on the net.

You can start playing around from here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/117726-technote-cucm-00.html

Also a lot of info in this forum.

Hi Muhammad,

you should try IR Prognosis for UC (www.ir.com). That should give you your statistics.

Check AVOTUS. They can track Jabber activity.

lucasmarcel
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find a way to generate and historical report of Jabber logins?

Thanks.

I would also like to know if you found a way. 

I'd like to see who is actually using jabber.

You can enable Jabber to send telemetry information to Webex Control Hub. There was a recent post about this, in the past two-three weeks if memory serves me. Try to find that to get more details.

Response Signature

This was very informative. I have a client that has perpetual licensing for their on-prem solution - so they don't exist in Control Hub. We do have Control Hub for our internal system and a number of other clients. Is there any way to pull this data into Control Hub even though they aren't under our Control Hub "umbrella?"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: