Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Loss of voice on Jabber calls and ip phones

A few days ago we migrated all the virtual machines of telephony to Cisco Business Edition 6000M (M5), after that it began to present lost voice packets intermittently in both JABBER and IP phones.
I would like to know if anyone has had this problem before and if they could solve it?

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Typically your voice path does not go through the servers, and instead goes directly between the endpoint devices themselves.

I would think step 1 would be to confirm the voice path, and confirm at which point in the path is the loss happening at.

What types of calls are having problems? Do you know how to determine the network path the voice is taking?

How could I determine the route?
The problem is with voice calls in general, both Jabber and IP phones

1. Run packet captures on the user end who are facing voice quality issues and analyze for any breakage in RTP streams.

2. Determine path between affected user's device and gateway from which the call was delivered to the user.  Analyze this network path to see for any clues, like packet drops, errors on any interface, any broadcast messages in the network path etc.