Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple user log in on single jabber client

helawamry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have customer willing to deploy Cisco Contact center enterprise on premise 12.5 with about 400 agent but total 250 concurrent agents, these agent will use soft-client Cisco jabber, can we configure the CUCM 12.5 with multiple users to login in single jabber client installed on one PC.

thanks

12 Replies 12

No

Response Signature

Not applicable  

helawamry
Level 1
Level 1

is there work around for this, by using softphone with extension mobility for example. actually, the customer will have certain no. of PC's but with more quantity of call center agents who will login for getting their extensions.

You cannot login to Jabber with multiple users at the same time on the same PC. You need multiple PC's for multiple users.
"using softphone with extension mobility" --> A softphone is an "extension mobility" device per-se. Every softphone is tied to a user.

What sense should this have anyway? How should multiple agents work on the same PC?
Or do you work with your colleagues on a single PC? I guess not.

I don't think he's saying that multiple people will work on the same PC at the same time, but multiple shifts that use the same PC when they go on shift.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Each user needs to login to the computer and Jabber with their own account to access their configuration in CM.

Response Signature

we tried to make different user account to login on one cisco jabber installed on PC but it fails. only one user can login which is associated to cisco jabber configuration on CM.

I did not say that you should login with the same account in Jabber. I guess you’ll need to read this again “Each user needs to login to the computer and Jabber with their own account to access their configuration in CM”. Which part of that statement mentions that you should login with different accounts to the computer, but then login to Jabber with the same account for all users? Each user needs to have Jabber setup in CM so that they can login with their account. Hopefully that will let you understand what I’ve said all along. Again you cannot use the same account for Jabber for multiple users.

Response Signature

helawamry
Level 1
Level 1

the case we have call center agents about 300 with different shifts, the total concurrent will be 200 so, the customer will install 200 PC's which installed with softphone or jabber, we need to allow any agent to login on any PC so, each agent will not be tight to certain PC.

And where is the problem now?

If Agent A is finished with his shift, he logs out of Jabber and then Windows.
Then Agent B starts his shift and logs into the same PC, but with his Windows profile and therefore also his Jabber settings.

Every agent needs to have his own directory number and needs to be configured in the queue. But this is basic configuration, and I guess we all assumed, that you know this.

Dear All,

let me identify that this issue will not solved using concurrent licenses 

as i already tested it in lab 

we have 2 Agents A & B each one work on the Same CSF Jabber Phone Created on the CUCM, regardless the PC they are using 

case 1 : Agent A in **bleep** 1 & Agent B in Shift 2 

this case will not face any issue as each agent could login on their phone and if each Agent Has it's Extension number applicable to choose or they could use the same Phone Number 

case 2 : Agent A in **bleep** 1 & Agent B Change his Schedule to work in Shift 1

in this case once Agent A & B using the Same CSF Phone created on CUCM 

they will not be able to work and it will disconnect the Voice Service from the 2nd Login 

Why is it so incredibly hard to understand what most of the responders on this post states. You should not use the same CSF device for multiple users. Each user needs to have their own CSF device with their own directory number. In that case there would be no problem with call services.

Response Signature