cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT 14 Install on Windows 10 Hangs on Choose Java Virtual Machine.

I freaking give up. I've installed Java. I've installed in compatibility mode. I've installed from the command line with the -gui switch. No joy.

It gets to "Choose Java Virtual Machine" and spins and spins and spins. Does anyone have the secret sauce that makes RTMT 14 go?

Maren

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So I figured it out. The Java install did not add the System Environment variables correctly. I added the following to my "System Variables" and RTMT installed without a hitch:

JAVA_HOME   C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_361
path        %JAVA_HOME%\bin;

Woo Hoo!

Maren

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

So I figured it out. The Java install did not add the System Environment variables correctly. I added the following to my "System Variables" and RTMT installed without a hitch:

JAVA_HOME   C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_361
path        %JAVA_HOME%\bin;

Woo Hoo!

Maren

i tried with java 8, it works for cucm 12.5 and windows 10

Hello ,

I really need some help on this.

I still have the same issue , installation stuck at choose java virtual machine.

below are my outputs for java and path

C:\Users\Kavle>java -version
java version "1.8.0_391"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_391-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.391-b13, mixed mode)

C:\Users\Kavle>echo %JAVA_HOME%
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_191

if you notice Java -version output and Home path Java version are different.

I followed your instruction to set the sys variables.

%JAVA_HOME%\bin

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_191

can anyone help me on this

Have you tried to follow the outline in the post that I reference in my response?

You'll have to verify that the path in the environment variable matches the path of where you have installed Java. From your shared information it seems like this might not be the case for you.

Response Signature

You still using the oracle jre or have you tested a different jre flavor? 

Best Regards

Oracle. That has been what Cisco has recommended forever and a day. As touchy as the install is I didn't want to try anything else. (And, to be honest, I didn't know other flavors existed.)

Maren

Noted but with clients not wanting to pay the oracle fee or be in bridge we now need to start looking at JRE alternatives and thus far I could not get Zulu nor Amazon Corretta to be accepted by RTMT 12.5 nor 14 when installing. If this is the limitation it seems we going to lose RTMT at some clients making Troubleshooting and collecting logs a bit harder.

Best Regards

For anyone else who is referencing this post see this post for additional information on how to use other JVMs than Oracle.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/installing-rtmt-version-14-windows-11-install/td-p/4661663

Response Signature