Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WARNING: Ungraceful shutdown detected >>CUCM v12.5 SU4

I have a CUCM cluster with IMP and CUC, the site had a power outage.

and then all server nodes have shown these alerts

"

WARNING: Ungraceful shutdown detected - A rebuild of this node is highly recommended to ensure no negative impact (such as configuration or file system corruption). For rebuild instructions, see the installation guide.

"

alert.PNG

 Do I need to rebuild all nodes again, or is there a workaround to eliminate these alerts?

41 Replies 41

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

We have the same issue but TAC did NOT say it would not support us if we didn't rebuild the servers.  We were told it is a message that was newly introduced in 12.5.1 SU4. Since rebuilding a system after a power outage has never been indicated previously and is a significant action to take when no problems appear to be present, we are not rebuilding our servers.  We have an open enhancement request with Cisco TAC to provide a way to clear this alert and are living with the notice in the meantime.

Response Signature

There is a bug for a tool which would check the system and might provide the ability to remove the message

Tool to check for Database and File System integrity after Ungraceful Shutdown or Restart
CSCvy68211
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I looked up that bug, but it states there is currently no tool..

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvy68211

It has been indicated for Emergency Responder in documentation for some time, but the message hasn't been displayed.

The way I look at it is that enough problems have been caused to prompt them to add this message, not as likely that something in the architecture has changed to make it more susceptible to issues in case of a failure. Either way this seems like the sort of thing that would be an issue during a systems upgrade, and I'd rather rebuild the system when I have control over the timing of it.

I've had to do it before for ER, for support, so I'd rather just get it out of the way. It's also, at least for my org, a good way to review the DRF process, make sure it works, timing, etc.

Hi Kathy, what version did you upgrade to? Thanks

New COP seems to have been introduced for 12.5 and above versions to remove the ungraceful alert 

We still need to check general health check and for any issues contact TAC.

https://www.cisco.com/web/software/286319173/139477/ciscocm.add_utils_ungraceful_warn_disable_v1.0.cop-README.pdf

its not fix , even after a reboot ...

admin:show version active
Active Master Version: 14.0.1.11900-132
Active Version Installed Software Options:
ciscocm.add_utils_ungraceful_warn_disable_v1.0.k4.cop

Its working , have to manually disable at CLI

utils ungraceful warn disable

Hi Kathy

Can you tell me what you ended up doing? I am also in exact same situation and not sure whether to rebuild the nodes or live with the notice. We will be upgrading the cluster to version 14 or 15 within a year timeframe. Thank you

We updated to SU4 @KhanalZ which resolved the issue.  It also has a fix in that update to help with managing and preventing this issue going forward.

Response Signature

Just noticed  had a typo in this.  We actually updated to SU5 @KhanalZ .

Response Signature

I would suggest rebuilding the nodes if you are unable to upgrade now. If you have this errors present Cisco TAC won’t be able to assist in case of any issues as they will tell you to rebuilt first. Thanks 

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

Checked that link and it says a Tool is needed.  The link above goes to a request to create a tool and says that currently there is no work around.

Response Signature

jeremy.worden
Level 1
Level 1

FYI: I got the same error on our lab server running 14.0.1.10000-20. I just upgraded it to the latest beta, 14.0.1.11900-57 and the error message went a way.

@jeremy.worden  are we entitled to share such information on a public forum ? Hope you signed  NDA when you applied for beta program. 

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: