Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebRTC Error Unable to cponnect Media - Rejoin Meeting

Hi ,

Recently deployed CMS 3.0.1 and integrate with Expressway to use TURN for webRTC. Expresway reelase X12.6.2.

I am able to access the URL from internet and join the space meeting. but i am not able to see any audio or video (not even lobby message) and it straight gives me error as Unable to connect Media.

When i looked at the expressway logs, i could see error as

"Allocate Error Response with nounce realm: cms lifetime:9 UDP error-code:401 (Unauthorised)"

i verified with the realm : cms and the password used in both expressway E and CMS.

appreciated if anyone can guide me further on this.

Request

image.png

Response image.png

another point noticed that the lifetime is very small 9 second, will it be causing the issue. how do i increase it

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Finally i resolved the issue.

I initially input the Turn server details in the CMS using API, but when i change the turn user password, i modified it from Web GUI. For some reason it was not updating, so i had to update it via API and it all worked as expected.

It may not be true, but i have learned that, if you used API to create an entity in CMS, use the API to modify, similarly if you use GUI and then use GUI to modify it.

Regards,

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Ok

Anyone got any idea to proceed further?

Finally i resolved the issue.

I initially input the Turn server details in the CMS using API, but when i change the turn user password, i modified it from Web GUI. For some reason it was not updating, so i had to update it via API and it all worked as expected.

It may not be true, but i have learned that, if you used API to create an entity in CMS, use the API to modify, similarly if you use GUI and then use GUI to modify it.

Regards,

Hi Shalid,

I am facing the same issue and turn server credentials are configured using API only. I get the message that "unable to connect media" and kicked out of the meeting. Do you have any other suggestions in regards to this issue?

Regards,

Hi Jareesh,

Please cross verify the user name and password used in the expressway and the CMS portal? 

See the turn connectivity from the CMS server? 

If you find the configuration and password is correct. Please check the Expressway and CMS logs. Let us if you are still finding the error in the call setup?

Regards, 

Hello,

did you found the solution? I'm facing the same issue.

Regards

ChristopheM
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I note that the same issue on WebRTC.

We have cluster CMS and cluster Expressway-C and E.

CMS : 3.2.1

Expressway : X12.7.1

Randomly after joigning space and passcode from browser web we receive "unable to connect media" message after 10s.

And Randomly it works without changes.

I confirm that TURN authentication Exp-E are the same into cluster CMS.

I see that there is a CSC issue opened and resolved : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvz24378

But I think I'm not involved.

On my site we have set TCP443 TURN Service mode at ON in Expressway and set the TurnServer into cluster CMS with tcpPortNumberOverride:443

Please here some logs during the issue
CMS :
user"guest1234...." conference"Test" association deactivated due to inactivity call drop
removing guest account "guest1234..." on call drop
destroying guest account with userID "guest1234..."
sending session end message to participant due to error condition (reaason=12)

Hello,

we have the same issue as you and we have also CMS and Exp cluster. To debug the issue we made all the possible combinations disconnecting for example CMS1, ExpC1 and ExpE1 and then CMS2, Expc1 and Exp2, etc. After that we found that all the calls made to CMS2 were not working because we have a configuration error that was sending all connections to just one CMS, and that was the reason for just work randomly.

see /api/v1/webBridges.

Hope that helps.

Regards

ajg1
Level 1
Level 1

This is all too technical for me - a senior non-tech. Can anyone supply a click by click solution. This would enable me to join my Pulmonary Rehab classes so you would be helping an old man to breath!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: