cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3rd Party gadget calling an external API is not working with Finesse 11.6

rk06
Level 1
Level 1

My current call flow has a 3rd party gadget which is making a Siebel pop up happen  and then write some data in to  SQL DB using Web API. This gadget and web API is working fine on windows 8 server using Finesse 10.5 but when we migrated the same 3rd party gadget  and Web API to Windows server 12 and calling it using UCCE Finesse 11.6 this Web API is failing. If I try using Postman or Rest client in the browser and place the POST request to this Web API it is working as expected.

I tried using fiddler to see the request being sent and found that there is difference in header when finesse is sending this request to Web API. Finesse 10.5 header contains ContentType while Finesse 11.6 header contains ShindigAuthorization + Content Type.

Any idea how I can get this WebAPI working in Finesse 11.6

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Make sure that your changed gadget is not being loaded from cache. Sometime the browsers is in a weird state where it loads SOME stuff from cache and the actual xml is not. I would suggest using the nocache option (https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#gadget-caching). If that doesn't work, send me your files (private message if it cannot be shared publicly). I will take a look to verify that it is in the correct format for 11.6.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'm glad that you are progressing. Let me know if you get stuck somewhere else and I'll be glad to give more suggestions.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Gadget started to work as in the script i changed user.getLoginName() with user.getData().loginName. Thanks for your guidance!

7 Replies 7

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

When you said you migrated the gadget, did you follow these instructions here: https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-blogs/how-to-convert-your-existing-10-5-1-custom-gadget-to-work-with/ba-p/3657841

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thanks for your guidance, i changed the finesse.js source as suggested, i have Jquery1.9.1.js in the gadget folder and now i have given the path for Jquery.min.js and removed Finesse.js and Jquery1.9.1.js from the folder, In the gadget js i have applied the finesse.gadget.Config = (function () and  cfg.id changes as well. Earlier the gadget was loading but POST request was failing, now in fiddler log i do not see the gadget being load.

Can you please guide more on this.

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Make sure that your changed gadget is not being loaded from cache. Sometime the browsers is in a weird state where it loads SOME stuff from cache and the actual xml is not. I would suggest using the nocache option (https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#gadget-caching). If that doesn't work, send me your files (private message if it cannot be shared publicly). I will take a look to verify that it is in the correct format for 11.6.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi,

i Sent you a private message attached with my gadget code yesterday, please have a look in to that and share your findings. As even after doing no cache the gadget is not loading.

Hi Denise,

Thanks, i saw your reply and looking in to my gdget.js file to solve the error, i feel that it is progressing and i am able to load the gadget now. I'll keep you posted further on it's progress.

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'm glad that you are progressing. Let me know if you get stuck somewhere else and I'll be glad to give more suggestions.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Gadget started to work as in the script i changed user.getLoginName() with user.getData().loginName. Thanks for your guidance!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: