cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

500 Item Selection Limit for Call Type Report

John Irey
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on an upgrade from UCCE 7.5/Webview to UCCE 10/CUIC.  We put a version of CUIC in place, pointed at the old UCCE system, so that the customer can play with it.  Apparently, webview allowed for 1000 call types to be selected for a report and CUIC will only allow 500.

Ignoring the issue of why one would want to run a report on 1000 call types at once, any ideas how this can be overcome?  I tried using a collection, and the collection allowed for 1000+ items, but the 500 limit error was thrown when I tried to run the report with the collection.  It has been recommended to me that I should investigate anonymous block reports.  Can someone shed some light?

Thanks

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John,

The selection limit is a limit that CUIC imposes on filter criteria. As a collection is just a quicker way of selecting specific filter criteria, it makes sense that you would still hit the limit. An anonymous block, if it's still using the CallTypeID selection, will likely run against the same limit.

Is this 1000 call type report going to be the same selection every time? If so, you could potentially create a report definition that doesn't take the call type input, and just assumes the 1000 call types. If not, perhaps there is some other unifying criteria, such as a standard naming convention, that you can take advantage of by filtering against using Call_Type.EnterpriseName.

How many rows do you expect on this report? CUIC does impose a 8000 row display limit on Historical reports.

-Jameson

-Jameson

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

John,

The selection limit is a limit that CUIC imposes on filter criteria. As a collection is just a quicker way of selecting specific filter criteria, it makes sense that you would still hit the limit. An anonymous block, if it's still using the CallTypeID selection, will likely run against the same limit.

Is this 1000 call type report going to be the same selection every time? If so, you could potentially create a report definition that doesn't take the call type input, and just assumes the 1000 call types. If not, perhaps there is some other unifying criteria, such as a standard naming convention, that you can take advantage of by filtering against using Call_Type.EnterpriseName.

How many rows do you expect on this report? CUIC does impose a 8000 row display limit on Historical reports.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Thanks Jameson.  I had thought of hard coding a report for the 1000 values, my concern is the maintenance of the report when they make business changes.

I am meeting with a different business unit soon to hopefully learn more about their processes and to explore solutions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: