Views
Helpful
Replies

8000 row limit CUIC

eltonaguiar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm aware of the 8000 row limit and wanted to understand in details the workaround, I'm also aware of different approaches given a "case study" which are basically about making a bunch of reports and scheduling them.

1. if I got database access to the CUIC database it uses would that let me get past 8000 records? 

2. I'm aware of another approach of splitting the data either by page, or just creating a bunch of reports filtering to limit rows less than 8000 so maybe daily reports, to be scheduling by SFTP?

, for example days 1 to 15 of the month and days 15 to 31 . 

After that I'd schedule a report for each day . However, really even 1 day has about 900 records , so at most I'd be able to do 5 days per report or 6+ reports for a months data.

Any other suggestions?

3. I tried creating a report definition with this but it is still constrained by 8000 records for historical .

SET ROWCOUNT X,

any insight is appreciated , thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just remember to be careful, as by accessing the HDS server/database directly, you're potentially impacting all CUIC users that get their data from that same server if there's a problem (you do an insert instead of a select, you overtax that SQL server, etc.). Might be unlikely, but just something to keep in mind. Good luck!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Did you by chance come across the PDF I attached?

Hi,

Thanks for your response, yes I did see the PDF, and unfortunately it talks about some code to accomplish paging, and essentially is similar to splitting the report by filters into 10 different parts and then putting each part as a separate job. 

Unfortunately with many reports that is not ideal in my setup so was hoping for a better solution.

For your question #1, you didn't mention if you use UCCX or UCCE/PCCE, but if it is the later, you could run queries directly from SQL on UCCE/PCCE and bypass CUIC, but then of course that presents its own challenges.

when I login to CUIC under about I see this  Cisco Unified Intelligence Center  Version:9.1(1) build 1 (9_1_1_10000_117) 

under data sources I do see "UCCE Historical", and it appears thats what my reports would use. Although wasn't sure how to check that.
I tried to define a report definition using UCCE historical as the "data source" with query type "database query" and pasting in the "SQL" I got from a report when you click the SQL icon. But when the report runs based on this "report definition" it still gives 8000 records.

Are you suggesting I get DB access to the UCCE Historical database itself, and edit in in SQL Server Management Studio, something like that? Or is something possible in the tool itself.

Hi, eltonaguiar

You have to copy the sql command showed when you press the SQL button on the CUIC report and paste it to a SQL query window connected to the [instance]_awdb database in a SQL Mgmt Studio (ie from the same AW. CAUTION: the query may delay other jobs in this server). If you execute it you'll obtain all the data.

You'll need to configure headers, totals...

Excellent, thanks, I believe I'll need to go through our company's protocol for getting access to the database itself, but this points me in the right direction thanks!

Just remember to be careful, as by accessing the HDS server/database directly, you're potentially impacting all CUIC users that get their data from that same server if there's a problem (you do an insert instead of a select, you overtax that SQL server, etc.). Might be unlikely, but just something to keep in mind. Good luck!