Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding gadgets... difficult?

art.lacie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

Currently getting CCX and finesse setup. Our providers are not even investigating gadgets. Instead they are making our agents use jabber - and told us chat doesn't exist in finesse. After research, I've found this to be false. That being said, they also didn't tell us about 'send sms to client' or a big one they are saying is REALLY difficult is screen pops.

From my own research, these gadgets are already written and ready to be copy/pasted into the admin section. Am I wrong?

It's really frustrating dealing with providers that are Cisco certified, and are official providers. We've experienced months of delays getting our setup working. What to companies do in my situation?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
  • There is nothing "out of the box" or a sample gadget (at the Developer community) that provides Agent to Agent or Agent to Supervisor chat functionality as used to be in Cisco Agent Desktop in Finesse. As long as gadgets are concerned, then yes there are few available at the below Developer community for the customers ease and they are indeed ready but still few modifications are required such as changing the FQDN/IP Address etc:

https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/downloads/sample-gadgets/

In case, if you are looking for something specific that you cannot find in the above link, then you will either need to create your own or contact a Cisco certified 3rd Party vendor for same. The best out there is 2Ring, contact them for any custom requirements for Finesse:

https://www.2ring.com/contact-centers/gadgets-for-cisco-finesse/

Regards

Deepak

Deepak provided good guidance on where to look next, but one thing I would say to you is that you need to take control of your system. After all you're paying for it. If you don't like the answer your Cisco partner is giving you ask another one.

The Finesse API is pretty good and with some work you can make it do a lot of things. Like Deepak mentioned there are a lot of "ready made" gadgets out there already. Make sure have a clear understanding on what you want done and then find someone who can do it.

david