Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent can't answer queued calls

NewRobert
Level 1
Level 1

UCCX 12.5.1

One agent in logged in. I place call to the trigger number.

- Caller hears queue announcement then hold music.

- Agent phone rings, state changed to reserved. Green answer button pops up in Finesse.

- Agent clicks on answer popup. Nothing happens for the agent, caller still in the queue listening to hold music.

- After a few seconds, Agent state changes to "call Not Answered". I change state to ready, ringer goes off and answer button pops up.

Rinse and repeat. 

I am placing the test call from Jabber and after I end the call Jabber shows the name of the agent that "answered the call" even though I never left the call queue.

Edit: I just noticed that when the agent clicks the answer popup, the Jabber "end call" popup becomes available as if they're on an active call, then goes away a few seconds later (same time the "call not answered" state appears.)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

NewRobert
Level 1
Level 1

Issue has been resolved. When the range of CTI extensions were reserved during the setup process they created devices for each extension. So the agents had two controlled devices listed, the CTI point and a Jabber phone. I just deleted the CTI device and it is working correctly now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Does this happen for all groups/phones or just one user? It sounds like basically you have a Ring No Answer for that phone and agent. You may find this post of interest as far as things to test/look at.
https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/duplicate-calls-call-not-answered/td-p/4070681

I have tried two users and they both have the same problem. Thank you for the link, I'll give it a read.

I brought Jabber to the front while making some test calls to watch what happens and the agent is answering the call but 2 seconds later the call goes back into the queue and the Agent's state says Call Not Answered.

I'm going to try to set the agent up with a desk phone and take Jabber out of the equation. 

NewRobert
Level 1
Level 1

Issue has been resolved. When the range of CTI extensions were reserved during the setup process they created devices for each extension. So the agents had two controlled devices listed, the CTI point and a Jabber phone. I just deleted the CTI device and it is working correctly now.

Thanks for sharing the fix/issue.