cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent goes from Ready to Not Ready on incoming call

markonest
Level 1
Level 1

UCCX ver. 8.5.1.   Agent staus is changing from Ready to Not Ready on incoming calls. This is not happening for all agents. Any ideas.

10 Replies 10

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

How many extensions do your agents have?  Do they have an IPCC extension and also a Primary extension?  I have seen cases where when an agent is in a ready state and a call comes into there non-IPCC extension, it causes them to go into a Not Ready state.

Thanks,
Tony

Please rate helpful posts!

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

Tony:

Would you kindly give me a reference where you saw the case, "I have seen cases where when an agent is in a ready state and a call comes into there non-IPCC extension, it causes them to go into a Not Ready state.", I met this problem now. I also need the solution urgently.

TIA

Robert LI

Hi Robert,

How many lines are on your agent's phone?  Do you have the proper Partitions assigned to CSS of the CTI ports that UCCX uses?

Thanks,
Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Thanks for your help.

The agent have two lines, the first line is for personal communication, the second line is a agent line. When the agent received the call from first line and hanged off, the agent transited from ready state to not ready state. The agent must click ready button to ready again.

This issued happened only on some agents, this means other agents with similar configuration works well. I'm not sure whether the correct partitions configured. But I think it has the configuration  similar with configurations with which agents works well.

Would you kindly give me some explanation why did it happen? Or give some reference on how to find the right solution?

Robert Li 

Robert,

What version of UCCX and CUCM are you currently running?

Thanks,
Tony

Thanks,
Tony

CUCM 9.1.1 & UCCX 9.0.2

Thanks

Robert,

There shouldn't be any related bug's with those version's. 

So, in environments where agents have two extensions (IPCC and Personal) and we began to see the behavior of some but not all agents work states where they would show as not ready. We found that it was all based on the agents placing outbound calls from their "Personal" extensions while in a Ready state.  This action would immediately send their work state to Not Ready and would not be set back to a Ready state until manually set.

Outside of telling them how to use CAD correctly, I set all of their phones to have the "Always Use Prime Line" to Off, that way the IPCC extension wasn't automatically used by accident as it was the Prime line on the phones in that particular environment.

Thanks,
Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Thanks anyway.

But I don't understand why some agents place calls out using the "office" line, I want also mention that it's the first line or primary line, and second line which is used for UCCX agent is transited from ready state to not ready state. I want to know what's inside.

Would you kindly give me suggestion or reference.

Robert 

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mark, please check the partition of the agent extension and the CSS of the CTI ports. Is there a CAC mechanism?
Looks like UCCX sees the agent as available but the call itself cannot be delivered this is why UCCX changes the agent state to Not Ready.
G.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

tsuntken
Level 1
Level 1

I just did this today... it was a CSS/partition issue. When the agent went reserved the caller immediately went back in to the queue and the Agent went Not Ready due to RNA.

There was a aprtition missing from the CSS. It worked in the previous UCCX versioin but not in 9... weird.

Also, if 6 button phone make sure the ACD line is in the top 4 line appearances.

Tom