Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Greeting fails to play

hari.kanan
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyine tried to deploy agent greeting with the version 8.5

I am able to successfully record the greeting file and store it in the location and am also able to play the recorded file through the Record greeting application.

Now when I place a call to an agent the greeting does not play.

could able to the trace down to the SIP invite to the VXML gateway but it doesnt trigger the Bootstrap.vxml.

Unsure whats happening?

6 Replies 6

tunghj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Hari,

Have you resolved the problem with Agent Greeting playback as you described above?

Seems like I am experiencing the same issue as you did and do not have clue how to resolve it yet.  Appreicate if you could share your solution if you have found it.  Thank you.

Disable the MTP check on the SIP trunk Configured to the CVP Servers. Agent greeting should not have MTP turned on the SIP trunks

Thanks, Hari.

However, MTP is already disabled on my SIP trunk between my CM and CVP servers.  Can you think of other reasons why bootstrap cannot be triggered for agent greeting?

For your reference, my other ICM scripts to play microapps works fine to trigger bootstrap.tcl on my VXML gateway.  In fact, I associated another dial number to the same agent_greeting_play ICM script to play a specific prompt (instead of PM,-a) and it works fine and I can hear the prompt.  Also, I have the Agent Greeting Recording part work just fine.  I am able to record and play back my agent greetings using the RecordAgentGreeting application.

Seems like I only have problem to trigger bootstrap on my gateway for agent greeting using Built-in-Bridge scenario.  Do you have any clue why it is not working?

By chance has this issue been resolved? We are currently having the same issue on a new deployment. Works about 95% of the time and some agents experience a few seconds of delay before it plays.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I know this post was along time ago, but I have the exact issue, and was wondering if you ever found the solution? I was also able to play a prompt when associating a Dialed Number to the script. 

please start new thread along with the problem description, we may be able to help you.