cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent's Finesse can not see the call variables in the body of "CallControl.jsp" gadget?

jianjiang
Level 1
Level 1

I added a new Call Variables layout in the Finesse administration as the screenshot attached.

however, the agent can always see the call variable value in the "Call Header Layout" in the Finesse, but they can not see the other variables values in the Call Body Left-Hand Column Layout  or Call Body Right-Hand Column Layout.

did anybody get such issue?

thanks for the answer!

John

9 Replies 9

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

Was it working before? Or, are you trying to configure this? Which version of UCCX do you have?

Hi Mark,

we just start using Finesse, before it was CAD, everything was fine in the CAD, but now Finesse is too simple, it deletes lots of functions in the CAD.

our UCCX version is 11.

Check your script. Make sure your script contains the [Set Enterprise Call Info] step. This step should be located under the 'Connected' branches of the [Selected Resource] or [Connect] steps. Within the [Set Enterprise Call Info] step, your Call Variables (i.e. callVariable1 and callVariable2) should be declared under the 'General' tab. If the contents of these Call Variables will exceed 10 characters... then, you should use Expanded Call Variables (ECC). If everything appears to be Ok, then login to Cisco Finesse Administration. Verify the configs, layout and assignment.

Hi Mark,

That's already been there, because we did that long time ago, and CAD did very well, CAD can showed all callVariables to the agents.

but now i added it in Finesse, it could always show the only one variable in the header as the screenshot attached above. but nothing else.

John

If you can, post your script and take a few screenshots of the Finesse Desktop Administration configs.

As I stated, you can learn and develop your own gadgets. You don't have to purchase gadgets from a vendor. The sky is the limit... well, your programming skills is the limit but I think you get my point.

Is this UCCE or UCCX? What browser are you using?

Finesse might seem like it has some problems, but in the long run it's a great upgrade, it's going to take time for you to get use to it.

david

Hi David,

I don't think it's better now in UCCX which offers very limited gadgets.

John

Actually, Cisco Finesse has a ton of upside over Cisco Agent Desktop (CAD). The difference is... CAD has a limited number of features/services which is software based whereas Finesse is browser based. I get it, some users prefer CAD over Finesse simply because they want Cisco to develop and determine the capabilities of the software. On the other hand, Cisco Finesse is fully customizable. The only problem is... you must develop/program these gadgets yourself... or, you can purchase them from a 3rd party vendor - like 2Ring.

https://www.2ring.com/contact-centers/gadgets-for-cisco-finesse/

Hi Mark,

you know most companies don't want to pay more for the programming.

:)

John