cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent unable to change state

keanej
Level 3
Level 3

I have recently installed UCCX 8-5-1 and I have some trouble with it.Call Manager is on 8-5-1 as well.

I have installed the latest patch (prior to that agents could not log in!)

Its all on VMs with UCS. Call Manager has been running without problem for about 2 months.

UCCX works fine except agents are unable to answer a call.

An Agents state appears as 'not ready', once a change state is attempted it simply stays as 'not ready'

All ports appear as registered and all services start fine.

It maybe in my head but I could swear the hold music gets reset when a state change is attempted.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

Does it stay as not ready, or switch to reserved and then immediately to not ready (as in, less then 1 second)?  We ran into this issue with the one of the 8.x updates, and the issue was caused by a bug in the upgrade that blanked out the calling search space for all of the dynamic route points UCCX and CUCM use to handle call handoffs from the CSQ to the Agent.  I think the way we got around it was to run a resync in UCCX on all the triggers.  Going back a few months...

Your description sounds like what we ran into exactly.  Here's what was actually happening (and note, our experience was that this impacted all calls, all agents):

1. Call is in queue
  2. Agent becomes ready
  3. UCCX reserves agent to send them the call
  4. Hold music stops playing
  5. Sending the call fails because of the calling search space issue
  6. UCCX detects that scenario as the agent rejecting the call
  7. UCCX puts agent in not ready (default behavior for rejected/unanswered calls from CSQ)
  8. Call goes back in CSQ/hold
  9. Music starts up again

And all that happens in about 0.25-0.5 seconds.

Note, 8.5.1 SU2 had an cop file patch released to fix this behavior (after SU2, not included in it), but you may be able to mitigate that ES install by running a trigger resync from Subsystems > Cisco Unified CM Telephony > Data Synchronization.

Run a verify on everything first, and if you see anything about stuff being out of sync, specifically, calling search space, run a full resync.  Note, each trigger becomes operational for ~30 seconds while the sync runs against them, so plan accordingly.  Probably not a big deal considering you can't get calls to agents at this point anyways.

View solution in original post

It wasn't the COP file.  We didn't install the COP file until almost a month later.  In any case, glad to hear you got it working properly.  Cheers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

Does it stay as not ready, or switch to reserved and then immediately to not ready (as in, less then 1 second)?  We ran into this issue with the one of the 8.x updates, and the issue was caused by a bug in the upgrade that blanked out the calling search space for all of the dynamic route points UCCX and CUCM use to handle call handoffs from the CSQ to the Agent.  I think the way we got around it was to run a resync in UCCX on all the triggers.  Going back a few months...

Your description sounds like what we ran into exactly.  Here's what was actually happening (and note, our experience was that this impacted all calls, all agents):

1. Call is in queue
  2. Agent becomes ready
  3. UCCX reserves agent to send them the call
  4. Hold music stops playing
  5. Sending the call fails because of the calling search space issue
  6. UCCX detects that scenario as the agent rejecting the call
  7. UCCX puts agent in not ready (default behavior for rejected/unanswered calls from CSQ)
  8. Call goes back in CSQ/hold
  9. Music starts up again

And all that happens in about 0.25-0.5 seconds.

Note, 8.5.1 SU2 had an cop file patch released to fix this behavior (after SU2, not included in it), but you may be able to mitigate that ES install by running a trigger resync from Subsystems > Cisco Unified CM Telephony > Data Synchronization.

Run a verify on everything first, and if you see anything about stuff being out of sync, specifically, calling search space, run a full resync.  Note, each trigger becomes operational for ~30 seconds while the sync runs against them, so plan accordingly.  Probably not a big deal considering you can't get calls to agents at this point anyways.

Paul,

Thanks for your help - The problem was related to the Patches and 8.5.1. SU2 and CSS's.

FYI : I was coming from 7.0.1 using the upgrade tool.

The initial install didnt work - agents were unable to login - I believe there are two critical errors related to this.

The patch fixed this but it completely wrecked the integration with CUCM.

Also the patch didnt terminate correctly -

utils system upgrade status - said that the upgrade was still running but there were no upgrade processes active ?!?

The solution unfortunately was not as simple as a resync.

I had to

1. Take a note of the triggers - their DN's and the applications they are associated with
  2. Completely delete all UCCX triggers and their associated DN's from CUCM
  3. Completely delete all triggers from UCCX
  4. Deleted the call control group and DNs from UCCX and CUCM
  5. Add a new inbound call control group using UCCX
  6. I re-entered the passwords for AXL / CTI / RmCM application users on UCCX and CUCM and clicked update
  7. I added new triggers in UCCX - after each trigger addition - I double checked CUCM and did a Data sync - to ensure the config for the trigger was identical - this corrected the CSS errors.
  8. Once all triggers were added I rebooted the UCCX and its subscriber. I restarted the CTI manager on CUCM publisher and its two subscribers.

This fixed the problem. I do believe it was related to the patches and CSS as you pointed out - but as I had so many triggers and DNs it was a maze - so it was easier to delete them and create them from scratch correctly.

Thanks for your help

Best of luck to anyone to else upgrading to UCCX 8.5.1 - but beware of that patch !!

James

Holy cow, that sounds like more of a nightmare than we went through.  Maybe that is what the post-SU2 COP file resolves.

Well just to be clear -

I installed UCCX 8.5.1.11002-22 - I then installed the cop file -

ciscouccx.851SU2COPtwo.com

It a little unclear when the problem with the CSS's were introduced - but I felt it was related to the COP file.

James

It wasn't the COP file.  We didn't install the COP file until almost a month later.  In any case, glad to hear you got it working properly.  Cheers.

Hi, I have UCCX 11.6 environment running predictive campaign. agent are getting engaged continuously to make calls. if they try to change state from Ready / Reserved to Not Ready then it gives error and doesn't allow them change state.

any way, agent can change state to not ready?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: