cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Application Manager in partial service, date format exception

Josh Stickney
Level 1
Level 1

Hi; I was pulling MIVR logs as I see the Application Manager is in partial service.  I see an exception of formating the date, but I'm not sure where to go to correct it or if that is even the right thing to focus on.  Kind of new to looking at these logs and they seem pretty daunting.  I took them righter after an Engine Restart, which usually fixes this partial service issue yet it still is quite large.

Any ideas?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi, all I can see here is an exception about the Outbound Subsystem, it's probably misconfigured or not configured at all.

Did you check for the usual suspects like applications without triggers? Or perhaps applications without scripts?

G.

View solution in original post

Arundeep Nagaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The application manager in partial Service can be due to one of the following:

1. An application is referencing a script that was deleted from the script management causing the application to be invalid.

2. The script in itself is invalid.

When we have a system with multiple applications, it becomes really hard to find out the culprit application without the logs.

For this, the easiest way would be to login to Cisco Unified CCX Administration -- Tools -- Real Time Reporting.

Click on First tab and go to Applications.

It will show all the applications and then flag it as Valid -- True on the last column. If this is False, then we can proceed with checking that application.

Note: RTR is a tool highly dependent on JAVA. Check the JAVA version on CCX compatibility matrix and use the same. Else use IE with compatibility mode turned on for viewing this tool,

Regards,

Arundeep

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Josh Stickney
Level 1
Level 1

Oops.  Meant to attach the log

Hi,

apparently, one of your scripts references a prompt template that contains an invalid or unexpected symbol:

836241: Oct 17 05:45:53.035 EDT %MIVR-PROMPT_MGR-3-PROMPT_LEXICAL_ERROR:Template prompt lexical error: Name=/en_US/Main/moh70-list.tpl,Template=null,Language=null,Exception=com.cisco.expression.ExpressionLexicalException: invalid character: � (line: 1, col: 1)
836242: Oct 17 05:45:53.035 EDT %MIVR-PROMPT_MGR-3-EXCEPTION:com.cisco.expression.ExpressionLexicalException: invalid character: ￯﾿ᄑ (line: 1, col: 1)

G.

Thanks for the response.

Hmm, that is an old template that we quit using when we went from 7.x to 8.x but apparently something is still pointing to it.  Not sure where it would have started acting up as it has been sitting their idle for a couple years.

OK, I didn't find any of the scripts pointing to the template file so I got rid of it.  The lexical error no longer shows up in the log but I am still in partial service.  Could it be a matter of needing to restart the engine now?

Hi, yes, please, could you do that and then take the logs and attach them again to this thread. Thank you. G.

Will do but I will not be able to until after 8pm EDT tonight.

OK.  Here is the current log

Hi, all I can see here is an exception about the Outbound Subsystem, it's probably misconfigured or not configured at all.

Did you check for the usual suspects like applications without triggers? Or perhaps applications without scripts?

G.

Arundeep Nagaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The application manager in partial Service can be due to one of the following:

1. An application is referencing a script that was deleted from the script management causing the application to be invalid.

2. The script in itself is invalid.

When we have a system with multiple applications, it becomes really hard to find out the culprit application without the logs.

For this, the easiest way would be to login to Cisco Unified CCX Administration -- Tools -- Real Time Reporting.

Click on First tab and go to Applications.

It will show all the applications and then flag it as Valid -- True on the last column. If this is False, then we can proceed with checking that application.

Note: RTR is a tool highly dependent on JAVA. Check the JAVA version on CCX compatibility matrix and use the same. Else use IE with compatibility mode turned on for viewing this tool,

Regards,

Arundeep

Thank you Arundeep.

Just wanted to let you know that I was able to use the steps mentioned and find the culprit for "application manager" going in partial service. It was a test script which one of my team member changed. This true/false value is amazing. 

Thanks again for sharing. You deserve +5. 

Regards,

Amarjeet

This post is still valid for CCX 11.5!  The tool showed which specific script to start troubleshooting.

Hi,

I had the same issue and get solved after checking with RTR-Tool and saw that an application was not valid state. After deleting this invalid application, the Application Manager service went to IN SERVICE state.

Thank you vey much!!

Regards,

Alejandro.

Josh Stickney
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you both.  Gergely had me on the right track and arundn really helped me find the right one.

I was changing some scripts and had used a different name than the originals, so when I updated the applications when the script was ready to go, I copied down the old versions then deleted them off the server as I have been trying to trim down some bloat that is no longer used or redundant.  Turns out there were some test applications from previous admins that pointed to those I used a new name for.

Thank you again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: