Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth issues between uccx HA servers over WAN Link

c.walsh
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am trying to find out what traffic i need to classify & prioritise over a WAN link for a UCCX HA cluster.

The SRND indicates the following:

Heartbeat and Node Manager Status Messages                > IP Precedence 3 (DSCP 26 or PHB AF31)

JTAPI Call Signaling                                                        > IP Precedence 3 (DSCP 24 or PHB CS3)

Database Replication between Cisco Unified CCX nodes1  > IP Precedence 0 (DSCP 0 or PHB BE)

However i can't find out what Protocol or port numbers to classify this traffic.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Colin

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My understanding was that the CCX server would mark the traffic for you. Have you trusted the port on the switch and run a Wireshark to see if that's the case? Otherwise there is the Port Utilization Guide for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, Release 8.5(1)

UCCX does NOT mark the traffic for you. Marking needs to be done on the network edge device.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/design/guide/uccx80srnd.pdf

"Quality of service (QoS) must be enabled and engineered correctly on the network to provide

consistent and predictable end-to-end levels of service. Cisco Unified CCX software does not mark

any network packet and thus, ensure to mark the traffic at the network edge routers"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: