cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Dialed Number to Call Type UNmapping

Annie S
Level 1
Level 1

I am well versed in the bulk method of loading DN's to CT's but I am curious if anyone has a way of bulk UNmapping Call Types to Dialed Numbers? 

Example: We've decom'd hundreds of numbers and need to remove the Call Type (Dialed Number Map) from the numbers so that they can be deleted via Bulk Dialed Number Edit. We have 49 CVP entries per number. I am aware that I can delete out of Call Type / Script Selector module but this will not work because it is 49 deletes (one for each CVP server) x hundreds of numbers. 

Thanks!

12 Replies 12

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Well you can't use BulkLoadConfig because that only bulk loads, not bulk edit, so you'll get primary key errors. I was going to suggest using upcctest, but that seems to only work with tables that have a ChangeStamp column. I've been in your shoes before and honestly, what's worked for me the best is working directly with the Dialed_Number_Map table with a DELETE clause straight from SQL. I know that's not supported especially since a config key won't be generated as a result, but it'll work and should give you no issues. Of course.... take a backup and do this on the weekend in the evening.

This is great to know but I think in my situation it wouldn't fly with the SQL team, unfortunately.

Hi, maybe I'm missing something, but why do you have to do this unmapping?
If you're looking to delete the dialed number, you don't need to unmap it to do it and destroy it permanently.

Pretty sure you do. We are on 12.6 and I get this error message when trying to delete the DN from Dialed Number Bulk Edit.

I just tried it on a UCCE system, not using bulk, and it worked, was able to delete it without unmapping. Does that work for you?

If you are talking about deleting a single Dialed Number from Dialed Number / Script Selector without removing the CT from the Dialed Number Mapping tab - yes, I know this works. However, again, every single number (of which I have hundreds) has 49 CVP servers. So that would be deleting 49 entries, one at a time, for every single DN. This does "work" yes, however I am looking for a bulk method.

I wonder if you could do this via the ConAPI. Biggest issue is that I don't see any traces of the documentation for it anywhere. Maybe rename the DNs and CTs to something obvious, disassociate them manually, then rename them again if needed. It's tedious, but I don't see another way.

david

I'm not sure what renaming would get me. The problem I'm trying to solve is manually removing the CT map for each DN. 

I didn't know if part of the issue was having to identify the DN/CTs that need to be unmapped. Naming them to something like REMOVE would make it easier to spot. I'm not seeing a way around the manual labor of doing it by hand.

david

Nope. I can easily identify the DN's/CT's to be unmapped. The problem I'm trying to solve for is a bulk way to unmap the CT from the DN so that I can bulk delete the DN's.

I have some limited experience with the PCCE API, but perhaps that could help. If you do a "GET" on the dialed number, I suspect it would have a list of the call types associated with that dialed number. That should include the refURL for both the dialed number and call types.

bulkloadconfig in 12.6.1 has a delete option for most objects (including Dialed_Number_Map, Call_Type_Map, Enterprise_Service_Member, etc.)--a pleasant surprise since i didn't think they'd ever enhance it.  There's even support for Script objects (presumably to delete old versions of scripts) but I can't figure out how to get that part to work.  

I wouldn't advise using direct SQL to make ICM config changes--it bypasses all of the table consistency checks and doesn't trigger propagation of the changes to other copies of the DB (like other side logger or HDS/distributor AWs) or the routers.  That's the purpose of the conICR API (I think that's the old name) which has been part of the system since the geotel days.    It's what all of the config utilities use and it was made available to select development partners but not end users.  I assume the conAPI REST interface is a new way parts of it are exposed.