cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD 7.x for Linux

julio
Level 1
Level 1

does anyone out there know if there are any versions of the CAD or CSD (Cisco Supervisor Desktop) available for Linux.  One of our clients runs all Linux machines.

9 Replies 9

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

Nope. Wouldn't expect one anytime soon either.

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 4:04 PM, julio@emj <

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

As Tanner said, there is no version for that. You will need to use IP Phone Agent or use the browser edition of CAD. Also you could try installing CAD o CSD with Wine in linux but of course this is not going to be supported by Cisco.

Gabriel

Brandon Lightle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you check the compatability matrix:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

It will list the OS versions that are supported for each version and release of UCCX, you will want to check the specifics to the exact version that you are currently running.

CAD-BE is supported on Red Hat Enterprise Linux v4 and/or v5 depending on the version of UCCX you are running (Some are both, as some are one or the other, check the exact version of UCCX you are running to verify)

As far as HRC (Historical Reporting Client), CSD (Cisco Supervisor Desktop), and UCCX Script Editor you will need a Windows based OS.

joesnyde
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Julio,

There is a new product in developement now for agent clients. The clients will no longer be installed, but agents will be going to the a URL through a browser. This removes installing clients. Tentative releases have not been posted at this time. However, both UCCE and UCCX will be similar with regards to a broswer type client.

Regards

Joe

Hi Joe

Is that not CAD-BE? That's been around for few versions yet...?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron

I thought I still had your email. But to answer your questions, not CAD-BE, this is a new product that is in developement. I am on the review team for the UCCX platform. If you are a partner or beta tester you may know the product already. Unfortunately we have not released information about so I cannot give out the name yet.

Joe

this is good info.  So for now nothing except Citrix for the CAD.  Nothing new then.  Thanks for thoughts.

Brandon Lightle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's the product. Nice to see it has been made public. We have an expected release sometime in summer of 2012 for UCCX, but this is tentative for now.

Brandon go back to work

Joe