cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD Question

lharris310
Level 1
Level 1

Does CAD store agent information locally on the client pc (i.e., Agent ID or Extension stored locally in an .ini file)? I would like to be able to pull the agent ID or extension and pass that information over to another application for automatic authentication.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well - it does, yes.

When you run the thing it remembers your last userid and telephone extension. From what I can see it stores this in c:\program files\cisco\desktop\config\phonedev.cfg.

That's on V8 anyway..

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Not out of the box, but you could create a workflow to do that.  Either write some data to a file or launch some external application.

david

Well - it does, yes.

When you run the thing it remembers your last userid and telephone extension. From what I can see it stores this in c:\program files\cisco\desktop\config\phonedev.cfg.

That's on V8 anyway..

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

This is exactly what I wanted! Thanks Aaron!!!!

LanWire123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am trying to Launch an External Application through CAD in UCCX 8.0. I have created a voice contact  workflow and put action and event in its Answered event to launch a windows batch file which launches IE with a particular url. I have also assigned this workflow to agents in UCCX Desktop administrator. The .bat works correctly through command line. But for some reason it is not getting invoked through CAD when I am answering a call. The log file also does not clarify anything.

Could anyone help on this? Is there any way I can troubleshoot this issue? I would be grateful to your reply.

Thanks.