cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Custom Variables on CCX7 - Anyone have an example script? (.aef)

davidblu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

Having some trouble successfully implementing Call Custom Variables on CCX 7.0(1)

Have been trying to use _ccdrVar1 etc, but no matter how I configure them, they don't show up in the historical reports.

Has anyone had success with this? If so, would love to see a copy of the .aef file you used or screenshots of the method you used.

Thanks,

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm on the mobile app right now, so no examples, but make sure you are using the Set Enterprise Info step, and CCV are set on the first tab, unlike Enterprise data, which is set on the second tab.

Just try and set one, and you'll see the 10 names to choose from. It's something like: Custom.Variable.1

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm on the mobile app right now, so no examples, but make sure you are using the Set Enterprise Info step, and CCV are set on the first tab, unlike Enterprise data, which is set on the second tab.

Just try and set one, and you'll see the 10 names to choose from. It's something like: Custom.Variable.1

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Anthony,

This worked perfectly, thank you!

I had been trying to do it with Session variables, which was filling up the database very quickly, so I'm glad that I don't need to use those any more.

All I had to do to get it working was put in "Set Enterprise Info", use the first tab, set the value to whatever I wanted in quotes, and then choose Custom Variable 1 from the drop down just below.

I set the last drop down to "Any" or "All" I think.

I can now do Historical Reports on Custom Variables and I can see the value that I set coming up.

Anyways, looks good. If this achieves what I want, is there any reason to use "Get Enterprise Info", or any other steps I should do to ensure I don't fill up the database accidentally?

David

I don't understand what you mean by "fill up the database"

Could you explain further?

At any rate, you don't have to do anything additional for Custom Call Variables to work.

Additionally, the strike trhough in my previous post was not intentional.  I tried to type:

--Custom.Call.1--

Basically, I was trying to implement the same thing as "Set Enterprise Data" with "Get Session/Set Session" and a session variable.

Within a few days of testing on a low volume IVR, support came back and said that our IPCC Historical database had jumped from 57% to 100% in a space of 3 days, and would need to purge data.

It may have been unrelated, but I suspect that there was either a loop in the logic, an issue with the way I had implemented session variables, or an issue with session variables period that spiked the database.

Hence, I want to be sure that I am not creating memory leaks or filling up the database or anything like that by simply using "Set Enterprise Data".

David