cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

callback script - calls presented are double counted

Tony Tran
Level 1
Level 1

So a call comes in, goes into queue, then gets presented with an option for call back, gets dequeued and a ghost call is placed into queue.. This now creates "2 calls" when it's really still only 1 call. Is there a way around this?

2 Replies 2

I don't think there is a way around that. Any implementation of call back within a script does exactly what you describe. It let's the original call drop, waits for the call back time, and then places a call to the original caller which is transferred to a queue. You might be able to do a custom report that would merge those numbers together. Perhaps you could save some kind of identifier in one of custom call variables. You could put the implementation ID (CUCM call id) into the callback leg. You might also want to mark the original call somehow to indicate it was marked for a call back.

thanks for the reply. what I ended up doing was creating a separate queue for callback and ignoring the total calls presented stat for that queue. it actually works better in the way that now I can easily report on how many callers are taking advantage of the callback feature.