cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Number Call Routing with IPCC Express

arielroza
Level 1
Level 1

A potential customer needs a Contact Center solution that supports Call Routing depending on what´s the Calling number (That is, if a customer calls from place X Agent 1 should take the Call, if calling from place Y Agent 2 takes the call, and so on)

I have been toying with the IPCX editor, and I can assign the calling number of a call to a variable, but I am having a hard time finding a way to do digit analysis... I´d like to match part of the calling number to do the routing, and so far I haven´t found a thing... suggestions?

Regards,

Ariel

8 Replies 8

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

It is possible to use various JavaBean functions to manipulate the strings. I have a test script somewhere which removes specific prefixes on calling numbers, but it does demonstrate the principles. I'll try and dig it out.

IPCCX 4.0 adds Agent-based routing (but not Agent queuing) so you should be able to do something along these lines, but consideration should be given to the situation when Agent X is not available. You can of course route to different CSQs based on calling number, if that's something you require. By manipulating the agents' skills it's possible to influence which Agents service which CSQs.

mmelbourne, thanks for your feedback! So, basically, there is no way besides developing your own extension to the editor to get IPCCX 4.0 to route calls to specific agents based on caller id?

I´ll have learn Java... :(

Thanks!!

The functions to manipulate strings are built-in; you can find them in the expression editor under the string tab. I'll find that test script which uses some of these functions to process the calling number.

In IPCCX 4.0 the Select Resource step can be used to route a call to an agent (rather than to a specific CSQ) - quite handy actually in conjunction with session mappings to route a call back to the same agent if the caller calls the contact centre back within the default session timeout (30 minutes). Though you do have to handle the situation where the selected resource (an agent) is not available, perhaps by routing the call to a CSQ instead.

You can use the CRS build-in JAVA methods to extrapolate the digits from calling number, you can use the String substring(int, int) method and store the paritioned number as a variable, then you simply compare the digits to either static variables or querry DB.

Chris

cderen, and parent poster

Thanks. Sorry for not adding this bit of data before. Right now I am using IPCC 3.5(2) as a reference, and I cant find those thing you propose.

So, the "strings" tab in the expression editor comes in IPCC 4.X? I don´t see it now.

Regards, Ariel

With 3.5 Enhanced or Premium edition you should have Java folder in the editor, use the Execute Java Method. The expression editor is new to 4.0. If you have 3.5 Standard you will not see it.

Chris

Here's a sample script for string manipulation for IPCCX 3.5. It's not particularly practical, but it does demonstrate a couple of the string manipulation Java methods.

Please rate useful posts.

mmelbourne and cdoren,

Thanks for your help, the information and the script you gave me helped me a lot with my issue.