Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls in multiple CSQ

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Everyone,

We have 4 CSQ and I need to announce the total number of calls in all 4 CSQs to the caller. Let say I have:

CSQ1, CSQ2, CSQ3 and CSQ4

In my script I have

Contact_Waiting_CSQ1= Get Reporting Statistic (contact waiting["CSQ1"] from CSQ IPCC Express)

Contact_Waiting_CSQ2= Get Reporting Statistic (contact waiting["CSQ2"] from CSQ IPCC Express)

Contact_Waiting_CSQ3= Get Reporting Statistic (contact waiting["CSQ3"] from CSQ IPCC Express)

Contact_Waiting_CSQ4= Get Reporting Statistic (contact waiting["CSQ4"] from CSQ IPCC Express)

Set TotalCallInQueue = Contact_Waiting_CSQ1+ Contact_Waiting_CSQ2 + Contact_Waiting_CSQ3 + Contact_Waiting_CSQ4

Create Generated Prompt, number( TotalCallInQueue)

Play Prompt(--Triggering Contact--,TotalCallInQueue)

When I test the script with the Reactive Script I see:

Contact_Waiting_CSQ1 = 1

Contact_Waiting_CSQ2 = 1

Contact_Waiting_CSQ3 = 1

Contact_Waiting_CSQ4 = 1

TotalCallInQueue = 4

I have only one call in my lab, but as you can see it is being shown in each CSQ and the totalCallInQueue variable shows 4.

Is this the right way to accomplish this task? If so, am I missing anything here?

Thanks,

MK

13 Replies 13

That's correct you don't see total calls, but calls in each CSQ which in your case is 4. If you always queue to all CSQs then just pick one and read that back. If you don't always queue to all CSQs, then pick the CSQ with the biggest number and play that one back. It's better to set a low expectation and delight the caller.

There are other things you can probably do, but it's going to make your script get so much bigger for very little positive gain.

david

Thanks David,

I am not sure understanding your explanation.

The queues are very separate queues and we don't queue a call in all queues.

How would I know which queue has the biggest number in and why aren't we able to accurately have the number of calls waiting in each queue and announce the exact sum of calls in 4 queues?

Thanks,

MK

If a call queues to multiple CSQs, then that call would be counted twice (one per CSQ). That's just the way the system works and honestly I think all systems work this way. So as long as you're queuing across multiple skills there's nothing you can do about it.

david

The total number of calls is a summary of the number of calls in all your queues. That the call is actually 1 call, that you put in 4 queues, does not mean that the count would be 1. What you are seeing is the expected result of your setup.

Response Signature

I may have explained the situation poorly.  We are NOT putting 1 call in 4 queues.

I have a menu with 4 options

Option #1 goes to CSQ1

Option #2 goes to CSQ2

Option #2 goes to CSQ3

Option #2 goes to CSQ4

When I call and choose option 1, this is what I see:

Contact_Waiting_CSQ1 = 1

Contact_Waiting_CSQ2 = 1

Contact_Waiting_CSQ3 = 1

Contact_Waiting_CSQ4 = 1

TotalCallInQueue = 4

What I am expecting to see is

Contact_Waiting_CSQ1 = 1

Contact_Waiting_CSQ2 = 0

Contact_Waiting_CSQ3 = 0

Contact_Waiting_CSQ4 = 0

TotalCallInQueue = 1

Let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks,

MK

You should see a single call, if you're not then check your scripting to ensure you're not queuing in multiple locations.

david

Would you possibly be able to share the script with us?

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Please find attached the script.

Thanks,

MK

Did you guys get the chance to go through the script? Am I missing anything ?

Thanks,

MK

Sorry for the delay, other things came in the way. I just looked at your script and from what I can tell there are no part where the caller selects anything based on a menu or get digit step. Would you mind to explain what you mean by that you have a menu with 4 options?

Response Signature

The main menu is in a separate script where the options are offered. Based on the option selected, there's a Call Redirect from main menu to this script.  This script is DNIS aware, sets the appropriate CSQ and routes the call to the agent. There's a Switch where the DNIS are defined. 

Thanks,

MK

Don't you think that would have been nice to have info before looking at the script you attached? Sorry but with this I'm going to drop off this as you're frankly wasting mine and others time.

Response Signature

I am sorry, I didn't mean to wast your time. I thought it's obvious for someone looking at the script to realize this is a DNIS aware script and each trigger is set to different CSQ. Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time and replying to this post.

Thanks,

MK