cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can we create a UCCX script to modify the variables in other UCCX script ?

mm22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I was researching on meeting a new requirement, where the contact center management would like to change the forwarding option or "call redirect" string to some different number at times, especially without seeking help from the UCCX Administrator.

Of course, this variable will be changed back to some different number. i mean the changes will be undone by the user themselves when they know that's needed.

For example -  the contact center main script is "ABC.aef"which triggers via "8008008000". And the all calls that come to ACD are being answered by Agents Logged IN + Ready. <<<<<< Normal Scenario

If all Not Ready or Logged Out, call goes to pre-defined destinations such as voicemail or some other number i.e., statically defined in "ABC.aef" <<<<<< Normal Scenario

Now, what i'm willing to achieve is create some other script or menu in same script through which i authenticate the caller (who is also the supervisor) to change the forwarding destination from "voicemail or pre-defined"to 913123240055 which could be the supervisor's cell phone number where he wants to answer the calls.

Any suggestions on above. Thanks in advance.

Mandeep
4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can define an XML file that stores these variables and one admin script to update the XML document, then your routing script reads the XML doc to determine its logic. This is how emergency routing script typically gets built and you should be able to find some good example on the script repository:

Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Script Repository 9.0(2)

for some reason i couldn't do it

there were too many scripts

any one using some thing similar in their environment ?

i would like this use this in-time

Mandeep

As Chris stated, this is the basic principle of Emergency Call Routing scripts. There's dozens of examples (i.e. videos, docs, etc.) available on the web if you search for UCCX Emergency Script. Who knows, you might find a couple of free scripts too. You could have two separate scripts and applications [triggers], or you could bundle everything up into a single script. Nothing says you can't. 

If you want the number to persist call after call, then you need to read/write data from a file. You can use the Get Digit String step along with the Get User step (via Agent Extension) to identify "authorized users". Then, you would use another Get Digit String and Authenticate User (via PIN) to authenticate the user.

From there, you would use a menu to help navigate the admin and supervisor through the Management System. If option #1 allowed them to change the Forwarding Number, then add a Get Digit String and collect X number of digits. To apply these changes, insert the Create XML Document step followed by these steps; Keyword Transform Document, Write Document and Upload Document.  

gsalemme
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mandeep -

If you are still having issues, we literally wrote the training class for Cisco... To answer your question:

Assuming I read this correctly, yes, this can be done. It would require the forward number to be stored elsewhere (not in the ACD script), probably a file in the document repository, a new script to change the number, and modifications to the ACD script to look to the file for the forward number when needed.

If the supervisor has access to UCCX administration, which I am assuming they do not have, the ACD script can be setup so that the number can be changed easily from the Application page removing the need to store the number in a different location.

Cheers,

Graham