cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the calling number for an outgoing call

dbonagir
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have a need where we want to allow our students to use their personal cell phone to call a patient, and, have it appear as though the student is calling from a different number.

We set up an application in UCCX where the student calls in using a cell phone, enters a target phone number, and the system transfers the call to that target -- however the caller number displayed is that of the cell phone. There does not appear to be any means in UCCX to set the calling number.

4 Replies 4

MarcusWise
Level 1
Level 1

I'm actually looking for a script that does exactly this, would you be willing to share?

This should be fairly easy to setup, but also be aware it's going to be very rudimentary. What I mean by that is that when the outbound call is placed there's no way to disconnect only the outbound call, so if it's a wrong number or voicemail the inbound caller will need to disconnect and call back again into the script.

david

Thank you, rudimentary is all I need. 

Trigger a CUCM CURRI lookup triggered by the outgoing route pattern and use a static XML file to override the calling party number.  If you need to dynamically modify the calling number to a range of different options then it needs a web app rather than just a static CURRI response.  If it's a simple replacement then static XML will suffice.

https://developer.cisco.com/site/curri/documents/latest-version/