cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cherry Picking for UCCX

tannerezell
Level 1
Level 1

I'm reaching out to the community to get feedback regarding this rather elusive feature. Working with customers who come from other IVR systems that have cherry picking it has often put us in a difficult spot - UCCX simply doesn't have it and there are no good replacements or substitutes within the ecosystem. 

I have developed a way in which to do proper cherry picking with UCCX that does not adversely affect reporting or require any changes to scripts. I am looking to hear from partners and end customers alike to get feedback on the feasibility and demand for such a capabilities as I look to incorporate this into the ContactView platform.

I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has had this requirement from a customer, or their business units. Feel free to unicast me at tanner[dot]ezell[a_t]ctilogic[dot]com for more information or any feedback you may have. Similarly, anyone who would like to sign up to beta the cherry picking capabilities when it is released may also email me.

Regards,

Tanner Ezell

7 Replies 7

tannerezell
Level 1
Level 1

Since its been asked a couple times already,

Cherry picking is when the agent or supervisor can manipulate a specific callers' position in queue.

For example, as an agent when you see the third caller in queue is a customer ready to buy or perhaps a VIP of some sort you may want to answer their call next; rather than the two in front of them. Cherry picking would allow you to select that priority customer and answer their call next. This of course defeats the nature of ACD but nevertheless gets requested.

I know this won't prevent customers from asking for cherry picking functionality, but if an agent can see a list of who's in queue and can identify a VIP person then I assume the call center script could do the same and automatically bump the VIP to the front of the queue (i.e. change their priority).  In that case, is there ever a good reason to prefer manual cherry picking over automatic (scripted) cherry picking (priority queuing)?

If doing so was easy and reliable, perhaps; most call centers aren't that sophisticated. The most common I hear from customers is the scenario above. Sales rep sees someone calling in that they know are going to close a deal and want to take them next versus net new prospects. While it would be possible to write such logic, it will never match a persons perspective.

Cherry picking gives the agents and supervisors more direct control which seems to be a large component of the desire for the functionality.

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

While your example might be the more "ROIready" in my opinion is not the best one. The best example I've seen is the one where you have a repeat customer and an agent wants to take that call because they spoke with him/her last. This can obviously be done with scripting too, but in my opinion the example of letting the agent choose which call to take next seems to be the most powerful to me (also exposes the abuse the quickest).

I believe Comstice (sp?) has a similar product, have you checked out the competition?

david

lyall.shepperd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tanner,

2Ring has a has a "Cherry Picking" application which is part of our Enhanced Gadget Bundle.

2Ring Cherry Picking2Ring Cherry Picking

• Lists calls currently waiting in selected queues
  • Set of columns displayed is configurable
  • Agent can pick the next call
  • Can be used to Park Calls
  • Requires Resource Skills Resource Pool Selection Model to be in place on UCCX

2Ring is on CCW / Cisco’s Price List (Solutions Plus) so all of our products can be purchased directly through Cisco via CCW-Solutions Plus under 2RING-APPS.

www.2Ring.com/Gadgets

www.2Ring.com/DW

Honestly, it's difficult for me to gauge the usefulness of this application. This looks and sounds like it would be useful but I believe, this application only benefits certain call center environments without SLA.

As previously mentioned, you can identify the priority level for a caller based on a number of factors; the use of prefixes, block number assignments, calling numbers, campaigns, etc. The logic is simple, for example;

If(strCallingNumber.startsWith("55512")

True

Set Priority (--Triggering Contact--, Assign: 5)

False

Set Priority (--Triggering Contact--, Assign: 1)

Anyone assigned to this range of numbers [5551200 to 5551299], perhaps VIP users, would be given priority treatment over others. Or, you can Create/Get XML Documents and Upload these Documents (as needed). For important clients or sales, you can always maintain and pass variables (aka Priority levels) from the External Database to UCCX. This makes sense if 1) you have a ton of clients or sales to track, and 2) you want to change the client's Priority level based on how much money -historically- the client spent, traded, etc. with your company. If a call is given priority, they jump to the front of the queue; 5 > 1. However, a Priority (VIP) List can be tricky and difficult to manage, not to mention counterproductive towards the SLA.

That's why, the biggest problem I foresee would be the potential and negative impact on the SLA. It's one thing to give supervisors the ability to selectively "Cherry Pick" queued calls but to give this ability to agents as well? That's asking for trouble. My advice would be, agents should request approval to "Cherry Pick" calls. If not, some agents would avoid certain calls. Or, some agents would "Cherry Pick" the easy calls and leave the harder calls in queue.

Hopefully this helps. Let me know if there's demo software available.

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

What do you mean by "does not adversely affect reporting"? If there's 10+ calls in queue and agents frequently 'Cherry Pick' calls, how would this impact the following reports or metrics;

- SLA%

- Oldest Queue

- Avg Queue

- Avg Aban