Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Chrome PNA impact to contact center like Finesse

Hi, has anyone done any testing re: the upcoming version of Chrome and it breaking things like Finesse when they deprecate this PNA feature? Here's the technote about it, and the Google documents seem to say that we should be able to test it in some flavor of Chrome 114 soon, but still haven't seen anything.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/724/fn72432.html

I know Cisco offers ES for some versions, but they don't have it for all. Just concerned going to wake up one day and customers will be broken due to Chrome change.

8 Replies 8

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hey Bill.. that's very interesting.  Does this mean Finesse would not load or agents would not be able to login to finesse ?  What symptoms will it generate ?  Does it affect PCCE 11.6 too ?

Thanks,

Piyush

BLOG

Hi, yes according to their symptom description (snippet below), agents sound like they will be hard down, and this would impact any Finesse (UCCE, PCCE, UCCX, etc.) unless you're able to upgrade and/or the workaround actually works.

So trying to see if anyone has been able to test the Chrome workaround steps, as this would seem to be a major impact that is eventually coming down the road for all users in the next few months.
-------------
When a web application tries to access a resource from a server that is in a "more" private network space (as defined in the Chrome Reference URL), the HTTP method to retrieve the resource will error out, and the corresponding page/UI component/widget and/or resource data will not load. The UI (depending on the web application) will likely display an error message which indicates the access failure.

I am trying to understand in what conditions this will impact.  For example, it says about HTTP method, but in newer finesse versions, we use HTTPS method.

If my agents are using Finesse within my VPN - same network where finesse server resides, using HTTPS://FQDN_of_Finesse, will I still have this problem ?

Or if my agents are using external link to access finesse out side of VPN, where that external link is pointing to a load balancer which in turn points to internal finesse server; will this impact ?

Thanks,
Piyush
BLOG

I've been told even in cases where Finesse isn't directly used, like if Bucher and Suter is used as the desktop, this Chrome change will break the desktop. I asked TAC about it at Cisco Live as well as two Cisco TAC cases and their advice is to have customers open tickets against the Tech Note and the defect referenced (CSCwc13647) to see if we can get more attention to this and some definitive answers.

Thanks Bill.. One last question, how do we know if finesse related issues like logout, timeout or not showing correct status, are due to this update ?  I mean I am seeing some random issues lately with Chrome V 114.x but can't pin-point any obvious issue, so I am guessing it is related to this update from Chrome.  However I need something concrete to show to my IT and Security team to believe this and they agree to disable PNA flag.

That's the challenge, it could be related or it could not be related. If you search the forum you'll see other things like this one https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/finesse-agents-suffering-from-automatictabdiscarding-chrome/td-p/3777761 or defects like this one https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwc00837
But the bottom line is for this PNA issue, it appears that based on that technote and the Google notes that version 117 is going to break things unless workarounds/upgrades are done.

Hello, just curious if anyone working with Cisco contact center products ran into any issues with the release of Chrome 117 released earlier this week as outlined here? I've seen some clients not impacted for instance and just curious if perhaps Google changed their minds or there's something else at play.

Hello Bill..

We are chrome version 117 with PCCE 11.6(1) and everything seems normal (fingers crossed).. Additionally we are working with a partner to upgrade to PCCE 12.6 and per them, this issue is fixed in PCCE 12.5 and above. I'll keep this thread posted if I see anything that points in this direction.

Thanks,
Piyush
BLOG