Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Agent Desktop version 8.0(2) login issues

zaman.voip
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

I have a user who is a agent and unable to login to the Cisco Agent desktop from her PC. the ID, password, and extension number used are confirmed correct (user can login to the cisco desk phone extension mobility) but the error I keep getting is THE PASSWORD SPECIFIED IS INAVLID. This user was able to login as agent until last night and all other agents are fine. I have also check the capibilities of this user and it has agent assigned on uccx. Please can someone help as I'm not experience with UCCX

Regards,

K

2 Replies 2

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

I've run into this before quite a few times and I had to delete the agent and rebuild the agent each time. I don't know what causes it and I did open a TAC case once and this was the "official" remedy from TAC. They didn't want to look into it any further unless rebuilding the agent didn't work. So far, that's worked every time. However, when you delete the agent, be sure to go into the deleted objects section of the miscellaneous tools in the Configuration Manager and delete the agent and person before trying to recreate the agent. If you don't delete the agent and person you'll get an error saying the peripheral ID already exists even though you don't see the agent in the agent explorer.

I hope that helps.

Bill

Arundeep Nagaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi K,

Can you perform a manual sync of directory Services from the Cisco Desktop Administrator page? If you receive an error, this means that there are some inactive agents on CCX. You can delete the inactive agents from Resources page.

Once done, please restart the Cisco Desktop LDAP Monitor Service and the Cisco Desktop Enterprise Service. While restarting please do a stop and start of the service rather than the restart.

There are problems with the architecture of handling inactive agents in UCCX 8 until UCCX 10. The concept of inactive agents does not exist in v 10 onwards.

An inactive agent on CCX just means that the user does not have the IPCC Extension associated, or the user himself being deleted from the Call Manager. The agent is marked inactive from the CCX perspective.

I am assuming that you are not having an AD integration with the Call Manager. Even if you do have, I am assuming that you are able to login to the CCM User page with the agent username and password successfully and it is the problem only with the CAD login.

CCM User page: http://<ipofcallmanager>/ccmuser

For login to the CCM User page test, the end user on the Call Manager need to have the Standard CCM End user role available.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Arundeep