Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Contact Cente change time zone

Wonxie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

i have cisco uccx. It has been moved to different location and i want to udpate its timezone settings accordingly.

i have found few forums posts where it says that doing so will invalidate the licensees and have to seek cisco help in generating new license ? is it true ?

i am using below collab softwares

CUCM and Unity 8.5 using MCS78 series platform

UCCX using Esxi

Will i have to pay Cisco for also changing this petty things ?

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

If I remember correctly, timezone was one of the points which were used to calculate the license ID.
So, if you change that, the license ID changes and therefore you have to re-license the servers (in your case CUCM, CUC). But this has nothing to do with IOS gateways.

But I doubt, that Cisco will help you with that, because your version is waaaaay to old. CUCM 8.5 is end of life and therefore not supported since 2014 (almost 10 years!!!). Why did you never upgrade and how do you expect to get any help on such an old version?

According to this, time zone involves the license. "Any change in any of these parameters can invalidate the License MAC of the server, and the licenses will have to be rehosted by Cisco Licensing."
Like @b.winter noted, you have some very old systems.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/118924-technote-uccx-00.html#anc15