Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Finesse - Additional User Data Entry for call tracking

cb91
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

Are there any additions to Cisco Finesse that allow users to manually enter information about the call taken (e.g. customer name, information about the type of call etc. )? 

New user, hoping to get a more streamlined service as well as record useful information. 

Thanks in advance

8 Replies 8

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

What typically should happen here is would create a custom CRM gadget, where the customer account number (retrieved say via IVR) would retrieve the relevant info for that customer and it would have a section for call tracking.

e.g. Call Variable 1 = Customer Account Number (you could have a custom ECC variable specifically for customer account numebr - but makes little difference).

Alternative (not an ideal solution - but good for some basic info - but not really what its designed for) is to update the a number of the call variables with specific info about the call.

e.g. CallVariabl1 = customer Account number

Call Variable2 = Calltype (e.g. sales / support etc.) - and the gadget would have a dropdown box with the allowed values.

There is a sample app here which could get you started with above:

https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/finesse-sample-code/tree/master/EditCallVariablesTaskManagementSampleGadget

Also eGain have a Call Track gadget - which you might want to review.

Regards,

Gerry

Hi @Gerry O'Rourke , sorry if I'm missing the obvious here, but how would the custom gadget differ from the one that now seems to be native in later versions of Finesse?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/finesse/finesse_1251/user/guide/cfin_b_1251-desktop-user-guide/cfin_b_1251-desktop-user-guide_chapter_010.html#task_F25EA1C54BB524877AE5BBFC29563CF4

It may still have the limitations you and @david.macias noted, but just curious if something is different behind the scenes for the two as far as updating the variables.

Bill,

The out of the box Finesse 12.5 allows you to edit Call Variables. But this would be free text.

So lets say the agent is to write "SaleCompleted" or "HelpCaseOpened" they could easily have a typo - and then any report you used to pull the data down from the TCD tables, would not be very useful / inaccurate.

Hence if you were going to use CallVariables to store some very specific data - you probably want to build a custom gadget where the agent can only select from a range of "valid values" (using a drop down box), which then update the Call Variable - and the  sample gadget would help you on your way to this simple gadget.

But absolutely - you could use the out of the box approach if it suited.

Also a note for @cb91 - Call Variables have  a max of 40 characters - so its not a huge amount of data you can store on them.

Regards,

Gerry

Hi Gerry, 

Yes, definitely preferred to have users select from drop downs for data validation. Ideally I'd get three additional fields; two drops downs and a free type field. 

Sounds like a custom gadget is the way to go. 

I still stand by doing this in a CRM and you could still do this with a custom gadget that feeds your CRM. Here's something we've built for a few different customers with great success. It's a multi wrap up gadget where you can see the data in CUIC. You can group codes, type ahead, etc. The gift is just a quick sample of how the gadget operates, it looks much better in Finesse.

Wrap-up Codes - Groups poc(1).gif

If you're interested in something like this ping me directly so we can discuss.

david

Yep - I agree - much more flexible - no 40 character limit etc.

Regards,

Gerry

cb91
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gerry, thank you for your response. This is exactly the sort of information I was looking for

Like @Gerry O'Rourke you should do this in a CRM, even if it's very basic as from there you can grow. Doing this inside the call variables is going to be very limiting.

david