Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Finesse Silent Monitoring Issue

Rhys.Tutton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have made an attempt at setting up silent call monitoring on cisco finesse but I keep hitting *CTIError=88048* (Silent monitoring failed. Silent monitoring feature is not enabled on CCX RmCm Application User.)

I have followed the setup guide that can be found on Feature Configuration Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 11.5(1) - Silent Monitoring [Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)] - Cisco but have had no luck. I am trying to silent monitor from a jabber account to an agent who is also using a jabber account, we are also on finesse version 12.5.1.10000. I have pulled the locallogs but nothing seems to stick out, it just gives the same CTIerror code.

If anyone can offer any help it would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Rhys

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

khorram1998
Level 1
Level 1

The CTIError=88048 message indicates that the silent monitoring feature is not enabled on the CCX RmCm Application User. This error message can occur due to a number of reasons. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure that the CCX RmCm Application User has been configured with the correct permissions to enable silent monitoring. You can check the user's settings in Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) under Application User.

2. Ensure that the Jabber accounts that you are using for silent monitoring have been associated with the correct devices in CUCM.

3. Check that the device pool that the Jabber accounts are associated with has the correct settings for silent monitoring.

4. Make sure that the Silent Monitoring button is enabled on the Jabber client.

5. If the Jabber client is not configured for silent monitoring, the agent will receive a "Silent monitoring failed" error message.

6. Check in Finesse Administration that the Silent Monitoring option is enabled in the Agent Desktop Layout settings.

7. Make sure that the version of Cisco Finesse and Cisco Jabber are compatible with the version of CUCM that you are using.

8. Check the logs of the CUCM, the Finesse and the Jabber to see if there is any other error message that can give you more information.

It is also worth noting that Silent monitoring is a feature that is not enabled by default and that requires additional configuration. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you may want to contact Cisco TAC for further assistance.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
All the best,
AK

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

khorram1998
Level 1
Level 1

The CTIError=88048 message indicates that the silent monitoring feature is not enabled on the CCX RmCm Application User. This error message can occur due to a number of reasons. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure that the CCX RmCm Application User has been configured with the correct permissions to enable silent monitoring. You can check the user's settings in Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) under Application User.

2. Ensure that the Jabber accounts that you are using for silent monitoring have been associated with the correct devices in CUCM.

3. Check that the device pool that the Jabber accounts are associated with has the correct settings for silent monitoring.

4. Make sure that the Silent Monitoring button is enabled on the Jabber client.

5. If the Jabber client is not configured for silent monitoring, the agent will receive a "Silent monitoring failed" error message.

6. Check in Finesse Administration that the Silent Monitoring option is enabled in the Agent Desktop Layout settings.

7. Make sure that the version of Cisco Finesse and Cisco Jabber are compatible with the version of CUCM that you are using.

8. Check the logs of the CUCM, the Finesse and the Jabber to see if there is any other error message that can give you more information.

It is also worth noting that Silent monitoring is a feature that is not enabled by default and that requires additional configuration. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you may want to contact Cisco TAC for further assistance.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
All the best,
AK

That's perfect. (1.) is what fixed it for me, I was adding the allow call monitoring to the end user and not the application user. Its worth noting that when I applied the permission and saved it, finesse did drop for a few seconds.

Many thanks for your help!