Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator+Finesse for Linux Desktop

andreikotov1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Tell me please, what are the alternative to Cisco IP Communicator+Finesse for Linux desktops to work with UCCE ?

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Alternative in terms of what?? You should strictly follow the requirements as mentioned in the below Compatibility Matrix for the End Points and supported Operating System as per your UCCE version in case you do not want to use IP Communication and Linux Desktop

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Compatibility_Matrix_for_Unified_CCE

If you do not follow the requirements as mentioned in the matrix then I am afraid TAC support will not be there or even if they do will only be best effort basis and not a guarantee for the resolution.

Regards

Deepak

Alt to the OS that is so full of Virus it is a VIRUS. Cisco better start making supported Linux clients or they they will be the lowest on that totem. 

Linux is the most widely use OS now and for companies it become a more secure and virus free env.

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, it is theoretically possible to register softphones (as third party SIP devices) and they should work for basic call processing but most of the features won't be available.

G.

I would say that there is no IP Communicator for Linux, but Finesse works just fine on any version of Firefox.

david