Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCCE Database - SSL/TLS access

mark.rennie1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have an application that connects to the Cisco UCCE Database (Historical Data Server) to query statistics for agents and queues.  Does anyone understand how the UCCE Database [v12.x] is configured from an encrypted connection (SSL/TLS) perspective?

I understand the UCCE database is a Microsoft SQL Server database and encryption can be enforced in a number of ways on SQL Server:

• Enforce encryption on the server so all client connections are encrypted
  • Enforce the client to request an encrypted connection if the server is configured for SSL.

E.g. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/jdbc/using-ssl-encryption?view=sql-server-2017

Questions I have are as follows:

• Is there a specific way in which Cisco recommends the UCCE database be configured for SSL or is this simply down to who installed the database?
  • For example:
    • Will the UCCE database always be configured to allow SSL connections?
    • Will the UCCE database be set to force SSL connections (even if the client does not request)?

I did look in the Cisco UCCE 12 Security Guide but saw no reference to any guidance on this specific aspect.

Thanks,
Mark

1 Reply 1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: