Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCCX Failover

DJ Kulkarni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I wanted to know if there is way we can find out when the UCCX Pub fails over to HA server.I know in CCX serviceability we see the up time and the services details.But without taking logs from UCCX is there any option where it can point then the UCCX Pub became the slave and UCCX HA switched to primary ??

Regards,

DJ 

6 Replies 6

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi DJ,

One way is what you mentioned above(services) other way would be if you run

"utils service list "  at the end you will see Primary Node = true/false depending upon the current status whether it is master of slave.thanks

Hi,

Thanks however I want to check the time when the flip happened ??

Is there any way to find that out ??

Regards,

DJ

MIVR and event viewer logs might give you exact time.As per my knowledge this is the only way to know of exact time perhaps others can guide if there is another way.thanks

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can see this in RTMT >> Alert Central as well apart from the CCX Serviceability page. Whenever the mastership will fail over an alert will be generated (screenshot attached for your reference).

You can refer to below RTMT guide for more details on the alerts and other related information:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_0/configuration/guide/UCCX_BK_UBD097FB_00_uccx-rtmt-admin-guide/UCCX_BK_UBD097FB_00_uccx-rtmt-admin-guide_preface_00.html

Regards

Deepak

gretchen1983
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is old, but it still applies ...

Isn't this true?:

Primary / secondary (or publisher / subscriber) applies to config changes and the database.

Master / slaver applies to call processing?

Right?

@gretchen1983  you could think of it this way, yet.  Primary/Secondary CCX node is a static designation to Pub/Sub.  Master designation on CCX Process can change from one server to another depending on which server this process is active.