cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Call Studio 8.0 and above with VMWare image?

There is no official Cisco document which says "CallStudio" can run on VMware environment. However when the licensing was based on SystemID till 7.0 release, we have seen Cisco installing them in couple of customer "demo" location under VMware in region. Version 8.0 and above, the licensing mechanism for Call Studio uses a new FlexLM-based [IPlocking] license. None of the official documents like release notes /installation and upgrade guide / hardware configuration guide doesn't specify support of VM Ware support for Call Studio. Would installing Call Studio in VM Ware image would work above 8.0 with the new licensing in place and is it officially supported by Cisco?

Thanks!

-Sethu

2 Replies 2

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Studio 8.0 installs on XP and Vista. Studio 8.5 installs on Windows 7, Vista, XP.

There are no real performance issues that Cisco could object to if the above operating systems were "guest O/S" on a VMware ESX server - it's not the same situation as the CVP servers, where they do have firm guidelines.

Studio works in this environment and I have customers who run Studio on a "guest O/S" - Cisco did not say specifically that this would be an issue.

But I don't have any documents that confirm that this is OK.

Regards,

Geoff

The majority of my customers have Studio on a VM and that's usually my recommendation.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: