Views
Helpful
Replies

CLIDInRegion Forumula

chad_meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone,

I am needing to utilize Cisco's region explorer to route calls by all 50 states based on ANI (area code).  I am planning on using the CLID node and then branching off the 50 states which seems a bit cumbersome.  I see there is a custom function for CLIDInRegion but from the very vague description it looks like I would have to hardcode the region value anyway.  Curious if there is a way to accomplish this in a more efficient manner than branching off per state 50 different times.

Thanks!

Chad Meyer

4 Replies 4

Do this in CVP. There might be an API out there that already can do the translation, but keeping a file with all area codes and state should be trivial.

david

Thanks @david.macias.  Unfortunately we are contained to an in-house solution.  I thought of standing up an area code database and dip that but management does not want to go that route either.  If I'm stuck with 50 nodes, so be it. Thanks again for the suggestion.

So it's been years since I've used this so here's how you could do it. The hard way which is what you've stated already. Once CLID node and 50 set variables where you set the 2 digit state code. Looking at the documentation the CLIDInRegion formula isn't going to really save you much scripting. If anything it might actually be more depending on your scripting. The way to use it is in an IF node CLIDInRegion(Alabama) if true then the CLID is in that region otherwise go check another state. Good luck, doing this with a DBNode would be so much easier/cleaner.

david

Are you sending the calls to different places, or setting variables based on the state for instance? For instance, what about doing something even more basic where you have a CVP app that does nothing but do that same mapping of area codes to state, and then return the state (or region or part of country, whatever you are looking for) in the return value? That way you only need those couple nodes whenever you need this breakout?