cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Compiling Java in Call Studio 12.5

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

I think I've figured out how to compile CVP Java projects in Call Studio 12.5 using Java 1.8:
1.In Studio 12.5, select the Window menu at the top and go to: Window > Preferences.
2.In the left pane, expand Java, select "Installed JREs"
3.In the "Installed JREs" pane, press Add...

4. Select JRE Type: "Standard VM"  (Next>)
5. In the JRE Definition pane, next to JRE Home, press "Directory"  and browse to  C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_221 (OK).

6.Finish

7. Back in the Installed JREs pane, select the checkbox for the jre1.8 you just added.
8. Press OK

Screenshot of this is online.

6 Replies 6

Janine,

For someone who hasn't done any custom dev work on 12.5, what was the issue that was happening?

david

Hi,

Lots of folks like to create a Java project to develop/compile their custom studio elements within Studio's Eclipse, as it's super easy to then copy the compiled code into the Call Studio app and test it.

Every previous version of Call Studio (before 12.5) included the installed JRE to compile custom java. But for some reason Studio 12.5 doesn't.

When I asked Cisco about it, they told me to use a different java editor.

For classroom (and for many developers) that's just annoying.

So, these steps let you configure Studio 12.5 so it 'behaves' like the previous Studio versions - letting you develop/compile your java within Studio Eclipse...

HTH

I don't know if it's related or not, but CUCM's RTMT in 12.5 used to bundle the JRE and now you need to go get it yourself. Seems like a switch Cisco made across the board perhaps.

That's funny as I'm a separate Eclipse+Maven user and then bring in the compiled jar's into studio. Thank you for the clarification.

david

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

I'm retracting my previous post...
While you can point Studio to use JRE1.8, you can NOT set the Java compiler compliance to that level. So it looks like you'll have to install your own JDK1.8 and some other editor for compiling java. :-(

Welcome to the dark side. :) I'll work on creating some post about my workflow with Eclipse and Maven to see if it gives you some inspiration.

david