Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring DBLookUP NODE

fazil.chida
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have followed the instructions as below. But still from DBLookup node it's failing. I am trying to fetch area code as 12345 but from DBnode its going to fail node. Can anyone let me know if I have done any mistake on this.

////

where MACHINE_NAME is the host your Microsoft SQL Server is running on.

For example, on my AW I have it set to:

\\cis1000r9\CustomerDB.Customer

Have you configured the registry? This will be on the machine where the DBWorker processes are running - that is, the Call Routers (side A and side B).

Make sure the SQL user name and password are supplied for the following string value:

\RouterA\Router\CurrentVersion\Configuration\Database\SQLLogin

in the following form (using my example above):

\\cis1000r9\CustomerDB=(dblookup,dblookup)

What's in parentheses is SQL_Login,password. Just so happens I had set the password the same as the login name.

You can have a second SQL server in here for redundancy - use a comma to separate the specs.

There are restrictions on the table. One primary key only and this should be a string. Other columns can only be strings, ints or floats.

Watch DBWorker as it starts up - you'll see it connect.

(I assume you've configured DB Lookup in setup and the DBWorker process exists!!)
/////

Below is the custom DB structure. 

fazilchida_0-1702879118257.png

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Fazil,

Please follow the below guide and once completed all the steps, please restart the dbagent and dbworker process in Router services.

Also, try to use the Side A router first for SQLLogin options and once is successful configure Side B for HA.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-enterprise/116215-configure-dblookup-00.html

Regards,
Ram.S

View solution in original post

Hi Bill, 

After adding DB details under windows registry, we need to also update the same on this tool CCEDataProtectTool. This tool will be placed under this path <Install Directory>:\icm\bin\CCEDataProtectTool.exe and follow below steps. 
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_12_6_1/administration/guide/ucce_b_administration-guide-for-cisco-unified_1261/ucce_b_administration-guide-for-cisco-unified_1261_chapter_01...  

Post this DB lookup worked as expected. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Armen Sargsyan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Fazil,
can you write the IP address instead of the server name in the registries? Another condition is that the table really must be a table and not a view.

Do you mean like below?

\\10.XXX\DBLookUP=(IRVHCA-RGR-L\dblookup,dblookup) ?

Table is normal table not a view.

fazilchida_0-1702889304894.png

I have enabled all the steps except below.

fazilchida_0-1702904747451.png

where should I enable this.?

Kindly guild me to the correct steps.

Thanks

That means you need to enable the DB process on the router. Also, what do the dbw logs show like in that tech note?

Also, entirely up to you, but you might want to consider doing it via the UCCE native area code region lookup and/or use a CVP application, since DBLookup is deprecated.

I am not using any region , for testing I have created that column. I have used UCCE native for region. 
below is the dbw
No Trace Files found between the Start date : 12/18/2023 Start Time : 0:0:0 and End Date : 12/18/2023 End Time : 7:47:10

Can you please let me know the steps on how to enable DB process in Router. 

Right, I'm saying are you sure you even need to do dblookup/dbworker, have you checked that the UCCE built in area code/region logic doesn't give you what you want? https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_12_5_1/user/guide/ucce_b_scripting-and-media-routing-guide_12_5/ucce_b_scripting-and-media-routing-guide_12_5_chapter_010.html#CCMP_RF_UFFF9...
If not, and you still need it, then you need to enable it via the central controller setup like it mentions in that link. It is basically enabling that check box, if you said you did the other changes like the account name, etc. Here's an old post about it that might help you, there are others on this board that talk about it too.
https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/installing-dbworker/td-p/1131289

Hi, 
Yes, we still need dblookup. We have plans to authenticate the caller. 

I am unable to understand from the link , since in C\ICM\BIN i am not able to find ICMSetup.EXE file. 

You need to run/rerun websetup and you'll see it as one of the options in the Router configuration as a check box.

Hi Bill, I have enabled the DB routing after enabling i can see below logs from DbW file.

Question> 
Do we have to create custom table in rogger or AHD? 

No, you do not and should not create the table on the Cisco devices, you want the table to be on whatever other server it is on. Are you sure that your SQL login information is correct, that it is accessible from the central controller, etc.?
If it helps, I know you only have one server, but this is a followup document from Cisco on confirming how you can connect to two servers if needed. This might be a good double check for you for the one you're trying to set up.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-intelligent-contact-management-enterprise/47063-dbworker-login.html

I have created a customer db as below. 

fazilchida_1-1703133356415.png

Below is the configuration which I added on to regedit file.

fazilchida_2-1703135168984.png

But still, it's not connecting. Getting same error. I followed the steps which is shared on above link but result are same.

You want me to create a custom DB and table in separate server where we don't have AWSDB and HDS DB?

Hi Fazil, what do you see when you run the nslookup command on SQL Server. Thx.