Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring DBLookUP NODE

fazil.chida
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have followed the instructions as below. But still from DBLookup node it's failing. I am trying to fetch area code as 12345 but from DBnode its going to fail node. Can anyone let me know if I have done any mistake on this.

////

where MACHINE_NAME is the host your Microsoft SQL Server is running on.

For example, on my AW I have it set to:

\\cis1000r9\CustomerDB.Customer

Have you configured the registry? This will be on the machine where the DBWorker processes are running - that is, the Call Routers (side A and side B).

Make sure the SQL user name and password are supplied for the following string value:

\RouterA\Router\CurrentVersion\Configuration\Database\SQLLogin

in the following form (using my example above):

\\cis1000r9\CustomerDB=(dblookup,dblookup)

What's in parentheses is SQL_Login,password. Just so happens I had set the password the same as the login name.

You can have a second SQL server in here for redundancy - use a comma to separate the specs.

There are restrictions on the table. One primary key only and this should be a string. Other columns can only be strings, ints or floats.

Watch DBWorker as it starts up - you'll see it connect.

(I assume you've configured DB Lookup in setup and the DBWorker process exists!!)
/////

Below is the custom DB structure. 

fazilchida_0-1702879118257.png

23 Replies 23

Cisco doesn't support you having custom tables on a AW/HDS/Logger. If you create it there and have an issue, they can then point to that if you run into any type of support problems.
And you've cycled the dbworker process and you still see no entry in the logs?
Lastly, I know I asked this before, but if all you're doing is area code lookups, why don't you want to use UCCE Script Editor built in logic that is already set up? That doesn't require DBLookup or anything, it's already in place?

Armen Sargsyan
Level 1
Level 1

You must control settings in registr and you need have this one:
\\10.XXX\DBLookUP=(domain_name\dblookup,dblookup)
Can you try and reply?

Armen Sargsyan
Level 1
Level 1

And next important condition is that your coloumn AreaCode must have Primary Key.

To clarify the PK must the the AreaCode column.

david

Hi Fazil,

Please follow the below guide and once completed all the steps, please restart the dbagent and dbworker process in Router services.

Also, try to use the Side A router first for SQLLogin options and once is successful configure Side B for HA.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-enterprise/116215-configure-dblookup-00.html

Regards,
Ram.S

Hello Ram, 

Could you please help me with the steps for restart the dbagent and dbworker I am unable to find these services on router.

Hi @fazil.chida , I see you marked @Ramamoorthy Shanmugam's post as the solution, can you share what the fix/step is that you did that resolved your issue, since there were a lot of posts on this one in case anyone ever runs into this in the future?

Hi Bill, 

After adding DB details under windows registry, we need to also update the same on this tool CCEDataProtectTool. This tool will be placed under this path <Install Directory>:\icm\bin\CCEDataProtectTool.exe and follow below steps. 
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_12_6_1/administration/guide/ucce_b_administration-guide-for-cisco-unified_1261/ucce_b_administration-guide-for-cisco-unified_1261_chapter_01...  

Post this DB lookup worked as expected. 

Thanks

It's not a recommended process but we can try it because the Router service can’t stop or restart without MW.

Open ICM Router task manager-details-search process name – end Task – it will come automatically after a few seconds for those process.

Regards,
Ram.S