Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring failover for ICM CallManager PIM

justine.joubran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can someone confirm if the failover of the communication between ICM and Call Manager is done from the CallManager PIM in the Agent PG setup?

In other words, in order for PG1A to failover from the Publisher to the Subscriber, we need to configure both IP addresses of the Call Manager servers under the CallManager PIM as follows:

Publisher_IP_address, Subscriber_IP_address

Is this correct?

Is there any other configuration missing?

Thanks in advance,

Justine.

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Justine,

can you please tell me where you got this information?

I talked to several Cisco engineers and they told me they had no idea where this concept is coming from, but it does not work that way. You can enter the list of CUCM's but the first one will be used only.

I checked the documentation (for instance, the Configuration Guide for ICM 8.0(2)), but there was no information about this failover option.

Thanks.

G.

Hello,

I am not sure where I initially read or heard this information. I tried to research today how to configure the failover but I couldn't find any useful documentation.

Do you know how this configuration should be done?

Thanks,

Justine.

Hi,

as far as I know, it cannot be done. You configure one CUCM for the Side A Agent PG PIM and a different CUCM for the Side B Agent PG PIM.

I must admit I have heard this option, too, and it somehow seemed to work with ICM 5.0 (if I remember correctly). But it definitely did not work with 7.0 and 7.5. So if it is a feature, it must be undocumented.

G.

Hi again,

Thank you for your reply.

I remeber trying this option on ICM 8.0 and I am almost sure that CallManager failover was working.

Now I am trying it on an ICM 7.x and it is not working. But isn't that a single point of failure?

I have the following scenario:

The Publisher and the Subscriber are replicating properly.

The CVP servers are pointing to both call manager servers.

When Call Manager Publisher fails (disconnected from the network), a new call cannot be transfered to an agent.

Any idea where could be the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Justine.

oabulaban
Level 1
Level 1

the configuration should have each pg side pointing to a different subscriber... meaning, pg1a pim 1 points to sub1, and pgqb pim 1 points to sub 2.

this way, in case publisher fails, pg1a pim1 becomes idle, and pg1b pim1 becomes the active one ... things should work fine

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App