cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Continue script after a caller hangs up in a prompt.

kely
Level 1
Level 1

I have a callback script that prompts the caller for a number and a brief message. 

Once it takes the message it plays a prompt that you callback has been scheduled. Then terminates the caller. 

The issue is the caller occasionally hangs up as soon as they finish their message. This causes a Contact ID: x, Channel id: Y, Contact is in Terminated/Connected state error. 

How can I continue processing if this happens? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This is very common in this type of script. You will need to use the On Exception ContactInactiveException Goto step just prior to the recording of their message, and have it jump to a point in the script after you would have normally hung up on them, (I.e., Terminate) and then use the Clear Exception ContactInactiveException step immediately after. Alternatively, you can use another On Exception Goto step to End the Script, which is likely the better option, but that's neither here nor there, as it pertains to your question.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This is very common in this type of script. You will need to use the On Exception ContactInactiveException Goto step just prior to the recording of their message, and have it jump to a point in the script after you would have normally hung up on them, (I.e., Terminate) and then use the Clear Exception ContactInactiveException step immediately after. Alternatively, you can use another On Exception Goto step to End the Script, which is likely the better option, but that's neither here nor there, as it pertains to your question.